Syn3 Updater

If you google ‘provider load failure’ you will see many fixes for this.
Seems to be hardware related.

1 Like

Windows enterprise, so a corporate computer, thats your issue. i don’t have the time to troubleshoot people using this software in corporate enviroments and as a Senior IT Technician for a global corporation i won’t assist in running my software in a corporate enviroment even if i had the time.

I use enterprise for home use. I did get it to run with another computer that I have with a nuttered windows 10 image that I run . There I had no problems. I was sure that Enterprise was the issue. Just wanted to check. I run a Mac as a daily

No IT environment to work around here.

Yes…It was the windows version I am running.

Thanks!

You are running Enterprise at home? unless you have a company and are “borrowing” the license that’s almost definitely not legit, so most likely the copy of windows is modified.

Either way there is nothing that prevents it working on Enterprise.

Why would you chose to pay a subscription to use enterprise when you can get a one off key of professional, as far as i’m aware you must have a minimum of 500 computers to be able to get a Enterprise license.

Yep.

Not a windows fan. If i could use Windows 7 I still would be. And yes I work in IT and get to take home systems to approve “Windows UPDATES” that mostly break services. Hence the volume licensing. We have older licenses (good till 2026) that only requires a minimum of 5 terminals. That has changed some but you do not need 500 terminal for volume licenses. Since MS is pushing users out of the configuration space. We needed control of the garbage they were pushing out. A department of 20 plus employees down for even an hr costs us revenue. Windows to me is just hot garbage and 11 is just as bad. W10 over W11 and I would still take W7 over it all. Everything just worked. Even older equipment of which some of it is not replaceable at this time and require older versions of Windows to perform.

There will either need to be large investments on our side or a more expensive solution which will not be implemented for a few more years. In the mean time, we need to keep our equipment running. I’d run Linux in all the terminals if it were me and maybe there will be a push away from MS in the future.

Right now Windows just causes more headaches than it is worth but hey it keeps me employed so more power to them. Nothing like getting payed for a full day and a couple of hrs of work mostly. When things break, and they do break. I will make up the hrs with my team.

The images we use are very restricted and only install the packages needed which is what I run on my side to validate updates. We run updates 4-6 weeks before that are pushed out being very careful about the updates and keeping track of the logs generated.

Hello nice people. I’ve searched before posting this but ended up empty handed. I have my Sync3.4 upgraded to 3.4.22200 (official from Ford web) but maps didn’t upgrade. When I try to upgrade maps with Syn3 (I did the Interrogator proccess, not My20 BTW) I select my region (ANZ), in version I select “Only Upgrade Maps” but in the next combo when I have to select the map version it’s empty. Isn’t it possible to do like that for ANZ region? I’m trying to avoid messing too much with the install process and I’m a bit affraid of the downgrade path/loosing official ford path. Thanks in advance. Cheers from Argentina!

Hello.

This is not the place for these questions.
Having said that, you can’t just “upgrade maps” for ANZ.
ANZ maps are locked, so a reformat is required.
Unless you are willing to reformat the unit, you won’t be able to update the maps.

If you have further questions, please open a different thread.

Thanks!.