Sync 1.0.15139 to 3.0.20204 to 3.3.19052

Hello! I wanted to ask this question before I mess anything up. I am trying to get Apple CarPlay on my step dads 2016 Ford Edge. I have upgraded the USB hub already. Then I downloaded the 3.0.20204 update directly from Ford. After some fussing, the update finally took and the “About” now shows 3.0.20204. However CarPlay isn’t working and from what I understand t is due to the fact the 2.2 was skipped. I attempted to download the 2.2 software, but the car sat “updating” for over an hour and never finished. I turned the car off and unplugged the drive. The about is still showing 3.0.20204. I am now considering using the CyanLabs updater to update tp 3.3.19052 so as to retain the original look, but gain the Apple CarPlay functionality.

Is there anything I should do to ensure that this will work correctly? When building the flash drive, I put in the software level as 3.0.20204, but I guess part of me is nervous that some of the software may be in between versions?
Anything to check to ensure a smooth install?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 1.0.15139

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
N/A

Update Method: Official Ford

Update: I went ahead and created the USB drive with 3.0.20204 as the starting point. Followed the instructions and 30 minutes later the update was done and everything appears to be working great!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.