Sync 2 to sync 3.4

2013 f150 platinum. No climate control display showing and or fan speed. Everything else works fine. Went thru so many forums changing all types of numbers with forscan. 7d0-04-01 xxxx-xx**-xxxx is set to 00 for dual climate repeater set to enable. Still no information. I spent my entire afternoon and yesterday afternoon reading and it works for everyone but me. Any help is appreciated:)

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 3.10

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

What model year and vehicle is this on?
What country is the vehicle in? RHD or LHD?

1 Like

2013 f150 platinum, united states. Rhd

So you went from MFT to Sync3?
Where did you get the Asbuilt for Sync3 upgrade from?
You can’t use a MFT AB on Sync 3.

1 Like

I got my as built from a few different forums and trail and error with forscan. I cant get the fan speed and temp overlay up.

Your best bet for this is going to be to find a 2016 F150 equiped like yours on one of the used car sites.
Grab the VIN and then download the AsBuilt directly from Ford and drop it in, then go from there.
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/

Your 2013 F-150 is a CGEA 1.2 vehicle, whereas Sync 3 is a CGEA 1.3 based system. There are incompatibilities between the two, one of which is the climate control systems. Even if you did get the climate system to show in Sync 3 for your vehicle, there are several of the functions that will just not work thru Sync 3. This subject is quite common and documented especially for Sync retrofits in Expeditions.

I know the 16-19 Flex used Sync 3 with a CGEA 1.2 network. I wonder if any of those settings would work.

Probably would help…The AC power button will likely be backwards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.