SYNC 3.0 to 3.3 problems

I am attempting to complete your steps you sent me. I am not the smartest with computers so I am struggling. I have downloaded the first file into the SnycMYRide file. I cant seem to find the reformat.lst file. If someone could possibly reach out via phone I could get a better understanding of how to complete this.

reformat.lst (44 Bytes)

@jpag22 , at what stage the unit is right now?
I mean, does the mustang appear and ask for an USB? (As your original attempt before the red screen)

When I turn on my truck it says to insert USB. Show a picture of the mustang car

So when I complete this processā€¦ it asked me to plug in the USB to the truck and then return to the computer to upload the file.

Ok, give me a few minutes and I will provide guidance using Syn3Updater.

EDIT: All you need to do is to configure Syn3updater like you did before, but make sure NAV is set to NO under the Configuration:

The full version should be 3.0.19205, and region NA, just like before, but with Navigatio set to No.

Then, create a new USB with the desired version, it will not contain MAPS since we configured Navigation to No.

Then, go to the vehicle and perform the upgrade. It will recover the Sync3 unit, but without navigation.

Once itā€™s up and running, perform a master reset on the APIM, and report back.
There are other stuff to do after that @jpag22

I am unable to do that because my USB drive isnt able to link to sync. My truck is still the the state where it thinks I am uploading a new file from the USB. I hope this helps

What does this mean ?

The software wants me to plug the usb into the truck before loading files onto the USB

Preparation of the interrogator logging USB drive completed successfully. Remove the USB drive from your computer to insert it into your car, ensure the ignition is on and wait for a few moments for it to say installation complete or for the API am to reboot.
Once done re-insert the USB drive to your PC click OK and select the XML file from your sync my ride folder of your USB drive.

This is the message Iā€™m getting I canā€™t load anything onto my USB drive. It wonā€™t allow me

That does not make a lot of sense. Are you sure you are not trying to create an interrogator log?. Syn3updater wonā€™t ask you to connect anything to the car if you only want to create an upgrade USB as you did before.

Here is the deal: if your APIM is showing the mustang screen with progress bar and the ā€œinsert usbā€ legend, your APIM is currently on the reformat phase and is asking for a USB with proper packages and instructions. You need to create that USB with Syn3updater as I previously said.

A 5 min phone call might help me. Iā€™ve tried everything. I must be doing something wrong. But Iā€™m getting nowhere

Not sure, because I would keep telling you what Iā€™m telling you here, plus thatā€™s not an option to me.

What I just do not understand is whatā€™s keeping you from creating the USB as you originally did (minus NAV). You just need to open syn3updater, configure it, and hit start.

Can you clear that up for me?.

My current configuration is version 3.0.19205 I turned Navagation off. So that part is updated.

Do I go the the home page on sync3 updater and select my drive? Then the region, version to the newest, and map NO

I click start and it gives me the message that I sent above.

Iā€™m contacting you via chat

The unit has been recovered to the latest 3.4 build, without maps.
If you want to pursue installing maps, I recommend creating and running an interrogator log against the unit to confirm and validate itā€™s a 32GB APIM before moving forward.

This helped!! thank you so much for your time and effort!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.