Sync 3.0 to 3.4 - Questions on Ambient Lighting & Cameras - F150

We had some cases where the log shows the previous format instead of the final one. But that’s another thing to check.

To me, this is just a cheap USB, since it also had a fail while creating the USB:

So yeah, USB is not solid or reliable

2 Likes

Was the USB hot when you removed it? You should probably try another USB, as it looks to have issues.

If you need the Sync unit running and don’t have another USB, you can just run the process over without the map files to get the unit up and running without maps.

2 Likes

It’s not a good quality USB. Amazon…. I do have a SanDisk brand that has other files on it. Can I use that one or do I have to remove the other files?

In the meantime, I won’t have time to finish this install as I have prior commitments. Would it hurt anything to download and install this another time? Do I have to redownload or can I just copy the files off this one?

1 Like

Just use the new USB and use Syn3 Updater to copy the files to it, place in vehicle. Should just start the install again.

You do not need to re-download anything, the files are already on your pc.
Syn3updater will skip download if those files are ok, then copy them onto the USB.

But, the process will format the USB drive, so if you have personal files there, then copy them before using that USB. Just make sure to let Syn3updater create the USB; do not copy stuff.

You have a recoverable non-working unit for now, you can install this later if you need to leave. There’s no hurry, but the head unit won’t work until the process is completed.

I’m very new to this… so I’m sorry for my incompetence. When I plug the new drive in my PC, how does sync updater know to copy it? Where do I go to start this process?

You need to perform the same actions / selections you made when you created the previous one. What I meant is that since you have already done the process, the files are already on your PC and won’t be re-downloaded.

But from the Syn3updater perspectiva, you need to create a new USB, just like before.

Thanks. So I went to follow the same steps and it already had the prefilled info to the most latest version. Mine was 3.0.20204. So I should be setting it to that, correct? If so, I did that and instead of downloading, it immediately went to validating. So that should be I am doing the right steps, correct?

As said before, you need to configure syn3updater as before, exactly as before.
So yes, 3.0.xxx as current, and the latest 3.4 with maps as new one.

It worked! Thanks all! I feel like i need to send some amazon gift cards to everyones way who helped me!

2 Likes

Glad it all went well, except for the funky USB. Do all of the ambient lighting controls work as before?

1 Like

Yes sir. Worked as stated! Tested out other functions and all is good!

1 Like

Glad it worked. There’s no need for gift cards, but you can find a donate button at the very bottom of the page https://cyanlabs.net/ .

Enjoy it, and remember to perform a master reset if you haven’t done so already.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.