Sync 3.4.20136 - Feedback & Issues

Hello, I updated to version 20136 and I cannot update it to 20196, I don’t know if the pendrive says updating and it stays that way, I left it for 20 minutes and nothing, how long does this procedure take? Thank you

You should see about 58GB formatted total and a certain value free. Near the top of the file, you will see your asbuilt info, beginning with DE0 and continuing. Near the center down you will see values for your installed OS (GUI) and firmware vales.

If you used the SYN3 Updater, please post the log file that is on the USB root.

inserted the pendrive and it says updating and I was up to 20 minutes, how long does it take for the first poster to appear when it restarts?

Moderator Notice - Removed inline code, please attach files to keep forum clean

These are my files.

1. Log
    log.txt (9.8 KB)

2. XML
    logging.xml (10.1 KB)

10 posts were split to a new topic: US Imported Vehicle Conversion for EU Station Logos

8 posts were split to a new topic: DTC after upgrading

I have a ford kuga diesel from the year 2020, with software version: 3.4. version 20136, map version F8.
Can I use syn3 updater? and if I can use it should I use version 20136 or can I use version 20196?
Thx in advance

Use whatever version you want to.

1 Like

I downloaded version 20196 and when I installed it in the car I got the message that the first part was installed correctly and that I had to restart the car (I stopped the engine, got out of the car and closed the door, then I opened the door , I started the car, I inserted the pendrive) but the screen has gone completely black and I no longer get a response.
What have I done wrong? how can i reset sync3.4?
Thx.

Post your log from the USB.
Also, did you try to update maps?

Hi everyone, just tried to update my ford sync 3 for my ecosport 2018 model
at first, I was getting the error 45UT-14G423-AA_123694.tar.gz after reading about this error I tried again after deleting the gracenotes but now ERROR UPDATE PACKAGES NOT FOUND…
please help
and also can you please let me know what region should I use for India ROW?
thanks

If you have a 2020 car and you tried to update your maps, the Syn3Updater app clearly warns you that this will most likely brick your unit. There is an issue with the reformat tool and 2020 vehicles.

1 Like

Please help my screen is stuck not getting updated and cannot go back tried to start over again but getting msg USB not recognize, also tried removing the battery terminal
but still the same

You need to remove the entry in your reformat.lst for the file you removed

How can I solve this problem?
It´s possible to unbrick?
Thanks.

He borrado el registro del usb, e intenté actualizar los mapas de la versión F8 a la F9, y he obtenido la “pantalla negra” a los 15 minutos de actualización. Ahora no sé cuál es el siguiente paso que debo dar.
Un saludo.

From what others have experienced recently it appears the only fix is to go to Ford and get them to replace the unit.

There’s no current fix.

As stated by multiple warnings in the app there are issues with the type of installation you performed on your MY20 unit.

So until someone discovers a solution, only solution is to go to the dealer and say that your SYNC died…

Of course, do not mention any of your actions with it…
Just play dumb, “it stopped working, I started the car and it was like this; it was fine the last time I used the car”

1 Like

Thanks very much, from spain.