Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

No. Partitions are made different when you go up to 3.4 and there is no software to re-partition back in order for 3.0 to work

Another install here!! All works perfect.

Edit: In the Windows program the voice version its the old one.

Not the 3.4.20196

Upgraded from 20136 using manual method. 2017 Ford Escape. Upgrade ran fine. I like the redesigned audio screen. Don’t know if this is bug or expected behavior. No big deal. But when I start the car, the previous station button on the steering wheel goes all the way to preset 1. Or next station goes all the way to preset 6. It’s like the presets menu isn’t engaged until one of the buttons is pressed. After the first press, forward and back works as expected.

Sure, here it is.
However the website is only Chinese and I cannot find the language setting.
Let give you a quick introduction :
Two buttons for maps download :
a. 3.0.zip : for Sync 3.0
b. 3.3.zip : for Sync 3.3 (looks like it is compatible with Sync 3.4)

Taiwan map link :
https://www.ford.com.tw/owner/sync-support/sync3/navigation-update/

3.0.zip

3.3.zip

Thanks for this great update. I was able to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4.20196 version on my 2018 Ecosport India. Everything works nice.

One question- climate tab is missing. Is this expected in ROW( india)

Hey Chief/Forum, First time using time Manual Configuration. Already on 20136 with updated Maps. Just want to update to 20196 using the Manual method, do you select Voice, Apps and Gracenote or do you just select apps? Please advise on which of the three need selected.

Thanks

Can you try changing this AsBuilt as follows and see if it works? Please report back what this is currently set to on your vehicle:

Just the app and voice would be needed.

1 Like

You can try to re-enable the climate tab via forscan. The as built configuration can be found here:

https://cyanlabs.net/ford-apim-asbuilt-db/

You can also attempt to reload the factory as built and see if that helps first.

Playing with Forscan FM radio logos now appear too :grin: Using a Mondeo MK5 acm

I have not used forscan before. Let me try it out.
When you say factory as built, do you mean 3.0?

Works, thank You very much.
I Changed 0 to 1

The SYNC version is separate from the as built. The as built is basically the configuration profile that’s loaded onto your APIM. When you go into FORScan you should see an option under the APIM module to edit the as built. Once you are in that menu first save your current configuration using the save button then make any edits.

There should be a button near the bottom to “load factory AB” which you can try first. If that doesn’t help then try to manually edit the entry to enable the climate view. I can’t remember what it is specifically but I can look it up for you.

Just to clarify did this get your camera fully working as it used to?

Yes. With 1 on 20196 front camera works The same as 0 or 1 in 20021 version. Zoom in rear camera works too

I started to download the new APP + MAP and got at least all files, but the Autoinstall.Lst got lost :frowning: Could anybody serve with the Autoinstall for the EU-Version incl new 09/2020 MAPs ?

Many thanks!

I have micro cuts with bluetooth … someone else happens? in the previous version it also happened to me

Trying the update but getting
" Installation failed Error Code: PKG_ERROR4 Download files again and retry to install"
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

This error means that the packages are blacklisted. I am assuming you are trying to do the reformat while in SYNC 3.4.19274+. You first need to select the downgrade option and then try the install again once you are on 3.3.

You can also use the manual method in the downloader to select the upgrade packages. This will allow you to upgrade without a reformat. This route might be more beneficial to you.

Thank you will try that.