Sync 3.4.21020 - Feedback & Issues

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

You can update using Syn3 Updater

It’s also added to the manual method on cyanlabs.net

I have added the updated Voice package found a few days ago with this package also

ANY COMMENT POSTED NOT DIRECTLY RELATING TO FEEDBACK AND/OR ISSUES FOR SYNC 3.4.21020 WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT QUESTION! I’VE TRIED TO BE NICE AND KEEP THESE THREADS CLEAN BUT NO ONE FOLLOWS IT,

DO NOT POST HERE IF IT’S NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO SYNC 3.4.21020

Mem errors should be discussed in new posts, not this thread as it’s not a bug or feature specific to this build!

PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IF YOUR ISSUE IS NOT SPECIFIC TO THIS TOPIC!

Changes still being reported by users

To be added

8 Likes

Installed fine on my NA '19 Fiesta with an 8 GB non-nav APIM. Seems to be working as fine as 3.4.20351 was for me from what I can tell. I made the USB drive with only the APPS package to hopefully avoid any free storage memory issues.

edit: I also just went out and updated the voice package for the heck of it.

1 Like

Just installed, all good so far, could be my imagination but everything seems a little faster and smoother, the last release used to have a slight delay after pressing any soft button, which now is seems instant.

1 Like

Update correctly my2021 mild hybrid focus. All seem okay I don’t understand why from 20351 and this one too, some radios logo work only on FM frequency and not on dab version :man_shrugging:t2:

Downgrade and Upgrade to 21020 successfull.
Important, the usb stick doesnt show a message when I downgrade sync 3.4.20351, after 2mins it shows usb stick not compatible but it isnt correct. 1mins later it restart and the downgrade is successfull installed. 2mins later the upgrade will begin.
1hour later its finish.

The first 100kms the gps needs a minute.
Navigation is faster and the routing is woking better.

Just updated the APPS only to 21020. Less than 5mins to update, everything seems pretty much the same so far.

Ranger MY 2019
Just updated all to 21020 (Apps and Maps) via downgrade. (Needs 1h 15 min)
After Update no GPS, no Radio Logos and the speaking command “adress search” won’t work.
Made then a Master-Reset and everthing (GPS, Radio Logos and Speaking commands) works very fine.

2 Likes

I updated my Ford Transit Connect 2019, with the new version 3.4.21020.
Everything working correctly, as someone said, I think it is faster than previous versions.
Android Auto working well.
The only problem is that the logos of radio stations in Portugal do not appear, but this is a mistake by Ford

3 Likes

Yesterday I have downgraded my version 20351 for installing new map SA 2 20.
Installation was successfull
Today I have done the update to 21020, preparing a pen drive with just the APP.
Everything running smooth. No issues.

Ford EcoSport Titanium 2.0 2018 - Brazil

I updated from 3.4.20351 (which I just did from 3.0 on March 30th for very first time)… and now 21020 is out so today I did it all again which took a litlle longer about 40 minutes because of the downgrade requirement.

I have 2017 F-150 with NAV.

The app created USB for me in downgrade mode… there is no need to do anything else… plugging in USB in my system, it displays updating at the top of screen for about 7 minutes, during this time it is downgrading to 3.3… then after this ignore any messages about restarting vehicle and/or unplugging USB… just leave USB in and it starts again in the older 3.3 Interface, at this point just leave and after minute or so it displays update message and reboots to the familiar status bar upgrader which took me about another 28 minutes. After that I have 3.4.21020 and everything works.

4 Likes

Updated to 21020 last night and everything went smoothly, install took around 5 minutes.
Sync feels just as responsive as 20351.
The audio glitch/stutter is still present though.
On a 40 minute drive to work this morning playing Bluetooth music from iPhone there was one glitch/stutter in every song played. It always seems to happen within the first minute of the track and after that it plays fine.
I haven’t tried via USB/CarPlay yet but I’ll give that a go on the way home.

Installed yestyon my USA 2017 C-MAX with navigation. Installation process went smooth. Maps seem to work fine and controls are responsive.

Climate controls do not show up on the screen. I am not sure whether that is intended or not.

If you had it before you will still have it If you didn’t you won’t.

Update from 20196 climate control available, to 21020 no more climate control. Is there a possibility to fade in again without Forscan climate control.

Installed on a 2016 Flex first try after trying multiple times to get the inital 3.4 updated from 3.0.20204, everything seems snappier and quicker loading compared to 3.0 and am enjoying the update so far, having the new 2020 maps is also much better as my 3.0 was the Ford official update and i was stuck with 2014 maps on mine all in all much better took about 30 min to update by reformating

Would you please check if the Turn by turn direction is showing up in the instrument cluster when u r using carplay.

Still no turn by turn directions in the instrument cluster when using Apple maps in CarPlay.

1 Like

I Just did mine. Everything working fine but, due to the downgrade, lost the climate control on Screen. Somewhere along the way, during an update, I gladly got climate control on Screen, and all updates went through with no troubles, even upgrading the APIM. Someone knows how to enable climate control on Screen? Thanks for everything

Me too. Lost climate control.