Sync 3.4.21020 - Feedback & Issues

After the update to 21020 and F10 maps apparently everything works fine and the system feels faster, but I don’t get the navigation voice instructions, like “find address”, my car is European with Spanish language settings.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Guys, I would like to inform that once I’ve the time, I will clean up this thread by removing all messages not directly related to issues or feedback for the current build .
Having issues with the USB creation for instance, is off topic.

If you have issues or question, create a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: LST_ERR05 - Moved from Feedback thread

I’ve successfully updated my US 2017 Lincoln MKZ from 20351 to 21020 and it seems to be running just fine. Changed my mind about adding pictures…

Upgrade went very smooth on a 2018 F-150 from Sync 3.0 b19205 (Thanks Cyanlabs!) and everything seems to be working fine. Knock on wood, of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Map Spinning - GPS Issue?

I am currently on 3.4.20351. Just updated to that 3-4 weeks ago.

Is there anywhere I can check to see what changes/bug fixes/improvements were made to this latest release (21020)? Don’t really want to go through the whole process if nothing has really changed aside from some subjective responsiveness observations.

Thanks all!

nope.

1 Like

Quoted from the F-150 forum:

[quote] Jfalat , 04-07-2021 08:11 PM

Just a update…lost Sirius radio once more today…worked fine this morning…then blank this afternoon…had to reboot to make it come back…I did see on another site some others our having the same problem.
[/quote]

There is definitely some occasional instability with SiriusXM where it just stops and the screen goes blank. Cycling the ignition clears this up. Verified this bug myself with NAV units in 2019 F150 Platinum and 2017 Explorer Platinum. So now you have something to toss into your 21020 release notes.

I did not experience this issue on 20351

I’ve successfully updated my ROW 2018 Lincoln continental and 2013 ford flex from 20351 to 21020 but not auto install mode!! both was on 20351 in updater and i chose to keep existing map but i got mem_eror001 on both car !! when i use updater again it shifted to downgrade mode as it update the version base on last usb i make and it worked this time , I do not know why!

so every update i need downgrade mode and reformat?

Update with maps from 3.4.20351 to 3.4.21020 and maps to 2.20 from 1.19, I have used it very little but it work properly.
I have a 2018 ford escape (kuga) with maps of South America.

Hi,

Successfully updated to version from 3.4 20196 to 3.4 21020 and F10 maps.
I created another pendrive and everything went fine. I had damaged map package.
I think is working faster. Now I will be testing and wrote feedback if find something :slight_smile:

Thanks

Actualizado mi Ford Ecoesport 2019 a la version 3.4.21020 y mapas F10 y de momento todo perfecto, tardo la instalacion sobre 1 hora, no he hecho reinicio despues de actualizar. seria reconmendable hacer reinicio?
Ecoesport 2019 to version 3.4.21020 and F10 maps and at the moment everything is perfect, the installation takes about 1 hour, I have not rebooted after updating. Would it be advisable to do a reboot?

I’ve had to soft reset several times since updating to 3.4.21020 on my ‘20 F250. The problem I’m having is the radio gets stuck and won’t change stations via the wheel or screen, sometimes it doesn’t even play. A soft reset has fixed it each time, but I never had this behavior on earlier versions.

Hola.

Por lo que he leído en las instrucciones, siempre es recomendable hace un reinicio tras actualizar. Aprovecho para preguntarte ya que hablas en español. ¿Has tenido algún problema con las voces del navegador? Tengo la versión antigua de sync a ésta y hay un tartamudeo cuando el gps me está dando instrucciones. También he visto que cuando estás reproduciendo música desde un usb hay veces que aparecen saltos o cortes en las canciones (como cuando está un cd rayado). ¿has notado algo así en esta nueva versión?

‎From what I have read in the instructions, it is always recommended to do a restart after updating. I take this opportunity to ask you as a spanish speaker. Have you had a problem with browser voices? I have the old version of sync to this one and there is a stutter when the gps is giving me instructions. I’ve also seen that when you’re playing music from a usb there are times when jumps or cuts appear in songs (such as when a cd is scratched). Have you noticed anything like this in this new version?‎

Please translate your message to english aswell, this is a english community!

Hola Álvaro, con la versión anterior me iba perfecto y con esta ultima igualmente perfecto, las instrucciones por voz del GPS y la música a través del USB igual, sin ningún corte ni tartamudeo, si puedo ayudar en algo me dices, yo también soy novato en este tema, lo que pasa que soy bastante arriesgado y pruebo cosas. Mi coche es un EcoSport del 2019.
Hello Álvaro, with the previous version I was perfect and with this last one equally perfect, the voice instructions of the GPS and the music through the USB the same, without any cut or stutter, if I can help you tell me something, I am also a newbie in this matter, what happens that I am quite risky and try things. My car is a 2019 EcoSport.

Just upgraded from 3.4.20351 (previously upgraded from 3.4.20136) to 3.4.21020 on a Focus MY20 keeping the F9 maps.

All going fine so far although I don’t see much difference from 20351. Still got the DAB & FM radio logos that appeared after 20351 and it works pretty much the same as before.

It would be great to be able to upgrade the maps to F10 also but I’m a little wary about this on an MY20 vehicle. I don’t wish to brick the unit.

Use the Ci version of Syn3 Updater and report your results, aslong as you don’t disable My20 protection there is no chance of a brick

1 Like

Many thanks for that advice. I’ll give it a try and report back with my findings.

During yesterday’s update it said Updating… and then some time later (I was driving at the time) it said it wanted a key cycle but before I was able to press anything it rebooted and displayed Updating… again but after this second stage it put up a message that it had completed. When I was able to pullover safely I performed the key cycle after pulling out the USB stick and all was well.

I have just set my current version to 3.4.21020 as it was still showing 3.4.20351 (I’d updated to 21020 yesterday without incident, see above).
I’m currently downloading the F10 EU maps only after setting the branch to Ci as advised. The MY20 protection had defaulted to disabled so I have set this to enabled before continuing with the map download.

OK, I now have the F10 map files downloaded (all 14 of them) and they are all .tar.gz files. However, I downloaded them to my hard drive instead of direct to the USB stick. Does the “map only” update not require files like Autoinstall.lst or SyncMyRide folder etc? If they do then how do I create the USB from the already downloaded files?