Sync 3.4.21020 USB HUBS not supported on 2016 mustang

I just upgraded from 3.0 to 3.4 and am getting the USB hub error. I know that means i need to upgrade the usb port in my 2016 mustang to get rid of it. My question is that I have 2 usb ports…one under the radio and one in the center compartment between the seat. Do i have to replace both of them to get rid of the error?

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: No

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
USB Hub Not supported

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: current

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Just the hub in the center console. With vehicles like yours with the separated ports, the one in the console normally acts as a hub and the one under the radio is just a USB extension off of the hub more or less.

When you do upgrade, ensure you find the proper single port hub. The dual port hubs do not have that passthrough to the port under the radio. You CAN go with this option however if you want the two USB ports in the center console. It will kill the usability of the port under the radio however. The vehicle/APIM won’t care which one you choose as long as it’s the updated version.

As an FYI which you may already be aware of: The old hub will still work for everything including Android Auto despite that nag message. Apple CarPlay is the one case that requires the upgraded hub.

1 Like

HU5Z-19A387-C (BLUE BACKLIGHTING) Ford
Interchange Part Number:HU5T 14F014-AA, HU5T 14F014-AB, HU5T 14F014-AC
Ford 2016-2019 Mustang, Focus 1 Port USB Module

Not to hijack your thread. I just updated my 2016 Ford F150 from 3.0 to 3.4 also and I’m also getting the usb error. Anyone know the part number to the usb port to replace mine?

HC3Z-19A387-E (BLUE BACKLIGHTING)
Should be about $55-60 US.

There are 2 versions, wide and narrow. 2016 takes the wide 2 port hub.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the info.