Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

Just to re-iterate something that has been mentioned before but you might not be aware. all files provided by Syn3 Updater and CyanLabs are official ford (from ford servers) [with the exception of the leaked reformat tool] so whether you wait for the official update or get the update now via us, it will be the exact same files, same hash and therefore same code :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, essentially all files found and listed on the Syn3 Updater app come directly from Ford. So whether or not you update now or later it will result in the same update being applied.

1 Like

Confirmed update to 21194 on a USA 2020 Escape. The update finished in 20 minutes. The flickering when changing from dark mode to light mode is gone. SXM TravelLink seems to be back online permanently (only drove it a few times but was working). Maybe wishful thinking, but it seems smoother overall, like it was several updates ago (20351?). I donā€™t use USB for playback so I canā€™t help with that.

1 Like

We were giving the Sirius issue time to be verified, and it has been verified that the SiriusXM and Travel Link issues were resolved in 3.4.21194. Android Auto and CarPlay issues with intermittent connectivity have been addressed also. Unfortunately, the USB media stutter is still present occasionally. I have noticed that the dimming in the APIM is much better, and this has been commented on in various forums.

As CyanLabs states above, the files are indeed all the same and are sourced from the same servers, the only difference is the installation methods. Use the APIM Interrogator Tool in the Syn3 Updater app to make the XML file to send to Ford if you like.

3 Likes

Updated on my Focus 2015, everything smooth. Good to see more frequencies of my favourite station is covered now with logo. Only change I can see is logo - before it was cut out perfectly, now I can see white background around it.

Anyone else having FM preset issues after upgrading to 21194?

1 Like

Just went from 3.0 Build 20204 to 3.4 Build 21194 on a 2016 USDM Fiesta ST and everything is working well.

Kinda sad that there is no black theme but the maps updating from 1 14 to 2 20 makes up for it.

1 Like

Turn it to night mode, it looks betterā€¦

4 Likes

No, what issue are you seeing? If you have FORScan you could reset the ACM and reset the presets.

Itā€™s showing the default stations for the last 3 presets on FM1 on my Expedition. My Explorer is not doing it so it seems to be specific to my Expedition. Once you seek through them they will show the correct station presets so I know it knows them. I did reset the APIM but I will try the ACM and see if that solves it.

I have been running 21194 in 2020 F150 for a week now and no issues with Sirius Travel Link. All seems well now.

1 Like

2017 F150 Lariat, went from 3.0.20204, NA, Maps to 3.4.21194 with 2020 map update.
Everything seems to work fine.

1 Like

Updated from 21098 to 21194 around a week ago on a 2020 Focus Titanium. All going well after a hassle free update and no issues detected so far. Not checked the radio logos yet but will take a peek later.

Successful update from 3.4.21020 to 3.4.21194. Everything works as before. I want to share that the screen flicker is not fixed and it is still on 2016 focus mk3.5. I still canā€™t get the FM logo of the stations. I tried all the options that I read on the Internet, I updated the firmware of my18. A Calm Screen works, but the FM logo does not appear.

Just updated my 2017 Focus Titanium from 3.0.20204 to 3.4.21194. Everything went smooth and I donā€™t see any bug. I see the logo of all my favourite radio stations. All the previous functions seems to work except Fordpass on sync which gives me a connection error.
I also updated maps from F9 to F10.

Just updated my 2019 Ford Escape from 3.0.20204 to 3.4.21194. Once I had the USB formatted and downloaded, things went very quickly in the car. Not one bug or problem to report. I didnā€™t previously have the FordPass App installed on my phone, thus I donā€™t know if that is going to be an issue. Android Auto with Google Maps and Pandora Radio were my 2 biggest wants ā€“ both improved greatly with 3.4. Thanks for all!

1 Like

Perform a master reset on the Sync APIM and delete the FordPass app from you phone. Re-pair the phone with Sync, then add the FordPass app again. Start FordPass app and activate if necessary, it should just load at this point. Sometimes the updates need to be reset. Make sure the engine is running when you start FordPass for activation.

1 Like

Updated from 3.4.20136 to 3.4.21194. Sync only, kept existing maps (119). 2021 Ford Explorer ST (US). Update went smooth and so far everything works, including Sirius Traffic.

However, the update did not create the XML file on the USB to report the successful update and version back to Ford Owner. Does anyone know how this file can be created to report the update back to Ford?

Hello all, quick question:

I see this has a more recent voice file in it. Is this voice file related to voice recognition used for the navigation? i.e. the ā€œNavigate Homeā€ command?

Iā€™ve been having issues with that on my region so if the above is true, Iā€™ll give this one a shot.

1 Like

Look at the Syn3 Updater Troubleshooting page, there is an APIM Interrogator Tool there that will create the xml you want. Once you have the file, go to the FordOwner website and upload it thru the Sync Updates page. You might find that checking on the site will already indicate that the unit was updated.

1 Like