Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

JB = JailBreak.
Not discussed here due to legal implications, however you can check FMods

Hi,

Finally got round to updating to this version. Still cannot believe they have not applied a logo to Capital UK on the DAB band D1 Narional. Under Regional Essex and Kent the capital UK logo shows. Is it there for anyone else on D1 national or is it still a case of poor coding to pick up the same image on each DAB band.

Cheers Nuthy.

I’ve not actually updated to 22110 yet haven’t found the time to sit in my car for a hour for sync and maps so I don’t know if that logo is still missing, I’m sure someone will reply soon though

managed to install EU maps correctly but am still on 3.4 21265, tried to install ver. 22110 EU but comes up error code MEM ERR01, it’s not a big deal but I wonder if the APIM is full and will accept no further updates.
Here’s the interrogator log in pictures.

I’m afraid you are in trouble.
You managed to leave only about 500mb free on the unit, which is not enough for any upgrades really. And you can’t delete maps since it’s a MY20 unit.

The unit is 2019: KU5T-14G371-DDF, 32GB NA. This is the 2019 build Continental for the Chinese market and you live in the UK, so EU maps.
Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues - Ford - CyanLabs Official Community

Delete Gracenote, install Sync 3.3.19052, then reformat the unit and install the cutdown version of the maps. You have filled up the unit and it will have issues with only 500MB of storage. You need to keep at least 1.5 GB of free space on the unit.

Tutorial: Current EU Maps Installation on US Imported Vehicles - Ford / Guides - CyanLabs Official Community

Thank you.
This happens when I do not sleep a lot.

3 Likes

Whats this “sleep” you mention?

I’m in the middle of big projects at work, so that means deadlines, stress, overtime, not so much of quality sleep at night.

Basically, I got confused and didn’t realize he has not a MY20 model as I stated.

I was siding with you but you missed my point again

That’s British sarcasm for ya

1 Like

I only work 84 hours a week before overtime, what would i know lol

Another clear example… lol… I didn’t get it, it was about 3 AM when I answered before, so go figure why I was up that late… And now I’m back up again…

Thank you, very helpful.

Hi, removed gracenotes this leaves 1.5 G space in the APIM however could not downgrade to 3.3 19052, kept getting error code.

Tried to re-install gracenotes and got another error code. Is it possible to reinstall it ?

Try installing the small voice package to see how free space there’s.
Also, it’s worth noting your APIM does not seem to be MY20, so that you could reformat it.
It’s a K series APIM, you can use Syn3updater to double check that.

1 Like

What codes? Do you have more info?

If they are MEM codes, then you still do not have enough free space.

They are MEM codes yes.

I successfully installed the CN Region Gracenotes which were only 350MB
compared to the EU Region of 750MB so it’s a capacity problem even though
the APIM has 1GB free space.
Happy to leave it alone now, I don’t want to risk any more fiddling about and
potentially fry the system, so no more updating.
Thanks to Cyanlabs I have a working European Sat Nav which I didn’t
have when I bought the Asian export car which had a Chinese Sat Nav.

Thanks people, for all your help.
1 Like

I am interested to update my F150 2018 NA to the latest versions and maps. Lat year I was successful in updating to ver 3.4.21194. Now I see the latest is 3.4.22110. I have been reading but not really sure if there is any major advantages in doing the update to latest version (3.4.22110)?. Also since last time I had successfully updated the maps to 2.20, if I want to update maps only to 2.21 do I need to downgrade first before complete the update or will the sync updater tool (2.11.3.0) complete all the needed steps without having any user interaction to complete the update?. Thanks for the response before hand.

Documentation - CyanLabs it’s all stated there