Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

6 min???

Ya, I was planning on at least 10 min and thought more like 45. Maybe because it was the first version of SYNC 3?

You don’t have NAV? So you had to load only 3 files?

No NAV. Here is what the log shows for files:

FILES (4)
1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz (8.5MB)
4U5T-14G423-CC_1615429225000.TAR.GZ (564.2MB)
5U5T-14G381-EZ_1652218180000.TAR.GZ (869.8MB)
5U5T-14G391-CR_1644007976000.TAR.GZ (385.5MB)

Yep, about 6 minutes…Thanks

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issue with Travel Link

Maybe one of you pros can help me out. I updated to the lastest version 3.4 22110 today. It took a while but everything went pefect. My vehicle is a 2016 F150. Everything is working fine, my only small question is… during the installation process it rebooted a few times. When the screen came up after one of the reboots, I saw the Lincoln Timeless theme. (I had to google this to look it up).
I thought that theme look very nice, after the install was complete, i went into testing settings and tried to find the timeless theme, but it wasn’t an option. I seem to be missing a few other themes too, like the Ford GT theme? Not super important but is there a way to add these missing themes?
Thanks.

The Lincoln Timeless and Next themes are replaced with the Lincoln MY20 theme in Sync 3.4, which looks much better than the Ford blue theme, Ford MY20. The themes and other info can be found here:
Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs
Click on the themes button.

These are the themes available for all Sync 3.x versions:
Visual Themes Sync Versions 3.0 thru 3.3
00=Ford Classic (Blue Theme, Multi-colored Buttons) (Default Theme Ford)
01=Ford Timeless (Blue Theme, Blue Buttons)
02=Lincoln Timeless (Gold Theme, Black Icons)
03=Lincoln Next (Gold Theme, White Icons) (Default Theme Lincoln)
04=Ford GT (All Blue Theme for 2017 Ford GT) (N/A Sync 3.2 after My18.5)

Visual Themes Sync Version 3.4
In Sync 3.4 there are 2 themes (Ford MY20, Lincoln MY20) with 2 screen variations per theme (6.5"/8", 10"). See 7D0-02-01 for custom Boot Screen Animations.
00=Ford MY20 (6.5"/8" Screens) (Old Ford Classic, in 3.4 sets Ford MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
01=Obsolete (Old Ford Timeless, in 3.4 sets Ford MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
02=Obsolete (Old Lincoln Timeless, in 3.4 sets Lincoln MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
03=Lincoln MY20 (6.5"/8" Screens) (Old Lincoln Next, in 3.4 sets Lincoln MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
04=Obsolete (Old Ford GT Blue Theme, in 3.4 sets Ford MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
05=Obsolete (Legacy setting for Lincoln MY20 8" Landscape)
06=Obsolete (Legacy setting for Ford MY20 8" Landscape)
07=Lincoln 10L MY20 (10" Landscape) (Lincoln 10L MY20 10" Landscape theme with custom Boot Screen)
08=Ford 10P MY20 (10" Portrait) (Ford 10P MY20 10" Portrait theme with custom Boot Screen)

By the way…
I saw your post on F150Forum. I was going to PM you if you didn’t show up here in a day.

Hi , i know it states ‘Please note that without the new (unreleased) FM/DAB LOGOS Package some logos will not be visible!’ but logos that were there before in the previous build now just display a sort of grey polish looking logo, is there an updated logo package to fix this issue yet by any chance?

Wow thanks F150Chief! I’ve had my truck set (with forscan) on a dark Lincoln Theme for a while now. Like I said, somehow through the last flashing process I saw that Gold(ish) Lincoln theme and it looked really nice. I can’t seem to activate it when I cycle through the testing settings for available themes. Is it possible to see how it looks or can it only be activated through a forscan edit?

The older Lincoln Next and Timeless themes are replaced in Sync 3.4 with the Lincoln MY20 theme. I run this theme and have the display in night mode, which produces a darker background. There are darker or lighter backgrounds available in the display setup in Sync.

The latest DAB Logo package is 1U5T-14G658-AH 58Mb Sync3 v3.2.21336 SXM (02.12.2021).

That’s what I was afraid of, I wonder why they removed so many logos then

Hey Again, I keep thinking something is wrong with my themes because I really only have 2 usable themes that have any noticable difference to me. (meaning homescreen and icons are different). Is this normal?? I do realize the startup and shutdown screens are different for all of them. Here is my theme list in order exactly as I see it in the menu. There are duplicates but thats how I see them.
ford-10P-MY20 When selected its too large for my display, not usable
ford-10P-ST When selected its too large for my display, not usable
ford-10P-U625 When selected its too large for my display, not usable
ford-CX430 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-MY20 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-MY20 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-RS Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-ST Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-ST Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-U625 Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-evo Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-evo Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-mustang Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-raptor Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-shelby-Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-shelbyR- Normal Ford Blue Theme
ford-vingnal-Normal Ford Blue Theme
lincoln-10L-MY20- Black screen can’t see anything, have to shutoff and reboot.
lincoln-CX483 - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-MY20 - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-U540 - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-U611- Way too large for my screen, hard to recover from
lincoln-Blacklable - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-Continental - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme
lincoln-Presidential - Dark Charcoal lincoln theme

As outlined above:
In Sync 3.4 there are 2 themes (Ford MY20, Lincoln MY20) with 2 screen variations per theme (6.5"/8", 10").
00=Ford MY20 (6.5"/8" Screens) (Old Ford Classic, in 3.4 sets Ford MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)
03=Lincoln MY20 (6.5"/8" Screens) (Old Lincoln Next, in 3.4 sets Lincoln MY20 theme with custom Boot Screen)

What you see listed are the “Boot” screen followed by the Theme.

First off, thanks to everyone on these forums and apologize for the long read. I experienced the clock reset issue for this build (I think) and rolled back to 3.4.21265 and did a master reset. Unfortunately, I’m still getting the clock reset on ignition cycle even on this older build. Has anyone else experienced the clock reset on ignition and had it persist even after a rollback to a previous build? I’m trying to determine if my APIM ASBUILT is possibly incorrect. I have a 2018 US Market Focus RS with the APIM ASBUILT first line of 7D0-01-01 AB28 0503 8034. My friend (Also a 2018 Focus RS) has 7D0-01-01 A328 6503 808C. I have a number of modifications such as global window down, but from this APIM Clock post I think the 8 in AB28 controls the clock type. In that post he suggests a “9” instead of an “8”, but going off my friends numbers it looks like I’m correct for my vehicle. The only reason I’m even looking at the APIM is I recently was in a collision shop that may have changed some settings (or is it possible Sync can change values in the APIM?). Can anyone who does NOT have the clock reset issue please post their APIM numbers? If you all have a 9 instead of an 8 I’ll give that a go.

I’m running Sync 3.4.22110 NA in both my 2017 F150 and 2016 Focus ST. I cannot get Android Auto to connect on my Focus. I did upgrade the hub in the Focus to the 2017+ part. The F150 works, there are other issues with Waze, not AA. Any logs I can look at to see what is the issue?

It could be your USB cable. I had to buy a new one that supports Android Auto. It’s very important that compatible.

I’m using the cable that came with the Pixel 6a. What cable did you purchase?

I went on Amazon and bought one that was compatible with my phone and Android auto. It fixed all my issues…