Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

Try installing the small voice package to see how free space there’s.
Also, it’s worth noting your APIM does not seem to be MY20, so that you could reformat it.
It’s a K series APIM, you can use Syn3updater to double check that.

1 Like

What codes? Do you have more info?

If they are MEM codes, then you still do not have enough free space.

They are MEM codes yes.

I successfully installed the CN Region Gracenotes which were only 350MB
compared to the EU Region of 750MB so it’s a capacity problem even though
the APIM has 1GB free space.
Happy to leave it alone now, I don’t want to risk any more fiddling about and
potentially fry the system, so no more updating.
Thanks to Cyanlabs I have a working European Sat Nav which I didn’t
have when I bought the Asian export car which had a Chinese Sat Nav.

Thanks people, for all your help.
1 Like

I am interested to update my F150 2018 NA to the latest versions and maps. Lat year I was successful in updating to ver 3.4.21194. Now I see the latest is 3.4.22110. I have been reading but not really sure if there is any major advantages in doing the update to latest version (3.4.22110)?. Also since last time I had successfully updated the maps to 2.20, if I want to update maps only to 2.21 do I need to downgrade first before complete the update or will the sync updater tool (2.11.3.0) complete all the needed steps without having any user interaction to complete the update?. Thanks for the response before hand.

Documentation - CyanLabs it’s all stated there

Thank you for the documentation guide. Would you be able to point me to the right link to understand what is new with 3.4.22110 compare to 3.4.21194? Thanks again.

1 Like

Ford does not release what is in the updates so it is all guesswork on what they have done most the time.

Anyone else have issues with the clock since the update? Seems to reset to 00:00 (midnight) when I start my car now. I don’t notice any other electrical issues or things resetting, just the clock. If I click “reset to GPS time” it says it did, but still set to 00:00. Only manually setting it will get it off midnight, and then it (usually) resets once I start the car again.

I don’t see any other comments about the clock, and my car was in a collision shop for over 4 months before the update, so I’m leaning toward a hardware issue.

Some people in here have mentioned the same thing, not sure anyone found a fix though… seems to be only certain models

1 Like

If you check the 1st post there’s something about clock issues.
Best thing you could do is to install a lower Sync3 version (keep maps) to see if that makes a difference.
If installing 3.4.21265 the issue is gone, then it’s related to this build.

Just updated another 2018 Ford Flex SEL from 3.0 20204 to 3.4 22110 with zero issues, hit Master Reset and it works like a charm so far.

• Is there a reason one cannot just update to the NA 2.21 maps? The option is not available.

• I also tried doing an AutoInstall mode of v3.4.22110 with the 2.21 maps but get a Sign_Err01. I tried with different USB sticks and running the utility from different computers. Thoughts?

Vehicle is MY2019, Super Duty

Thanks

Clipboard01

You cannot just do maps for 2021 unless you purchase them from Ford unlike the past few years. They are Key’d for 2021. The only way around it is to install the whole image right now from Cyanlabs.

Image via FORScan? I’m familiar with FORScan but not doing maps/image via it. Could I trouble you to explain? Also, does this mean that I can’t do the Downgrade/Reformat to get the 2021 maps?

Thanks

Sorry I ment Cyanlab’s not Forscan. I corrected it. You can downgrade but only down to 3.3

technically 3.2 but syn3updater only has 3.3 and 3.4

Bought a 2016 Escape with SYNC version 1.0.15139. Just ran the update to 3.4.22110. Took less than 6 minutes to update and everything updated perfectly. Looks great before and after master reset. Only notification was that it doesn’t support USB hubs because I haven’t updated my USB module yet - it shows up tomorrow. You guys rock!

6 min???

Ya, I was planning on at least 10 min and thought more like 45. Maybe because it was the first version of SYNC 3?

You don’t have NAV? So you had to load only 3 files?