Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

You are missing the Map License. As far as the issue of having to spell out the destinations, etc., the NAV Voice files do not have anything to do with this. Sometimes this is just due to background noise or language. Make sure your language settings are correct for you region, which I believe they should be since you are UK. This is strictly an issue with Sync understanding what you are saying…

But it does ‘hear’ and understands commands - like ‘phone X’ - but its just when you say ‘find an address’ or ‘find a poi’, it doesnt take you to the street, town, screen but instead goes straight to ‘spell out the town’.

So personally I dont think its to do with any voice file, seems more like a Sync application bug.

I have not seen that behavior, but you could be right. Is this while the vehicle is moving or still?

The nav does not work. 22110 does not react to voice control like the earlier versions. I am going to reload the entire 22200 setup with f11 maps. Using the proper voice nav files for F11 ought to bring me back to where I started with the initial problem. If it works, I’ll settle for that.

Agreed. It has always worked fine in the past and still behaves like this with the engine off and the car stationary when entering a destination before starting off.

How do I install the map license, or am I better just trying to reinstall the whole system again from scratch . (this is the first time I’ve used syc3 updater, due to a previous error-mem001)

As for the system not hearing me, all other voice commands work both in the audio section and navigation, the command “drive home” or “I need coffee” work perfectly, it’s when I use “find an address” or “find a poi” that it instantly goes to the spelling section.

I have tried both while driving and parked in the driveway, so I do think it’s some sort of system bug.

You don’t need to install the license unless you try to reload the maps or nav voice. Your system works except for this anomaly, so you could leave it or revert to the previous maps.

As @tomshepp has said, this bug / issue occurs in whatever state the car is in :cry:

Well strangely I’ve just been to the car and tried to run the ford interrogator ( a big mistake) pck_err004

Now I have zero voice command, pressing the button doesn’t even come up with speak now, but a long press does active phone assistant so I know the actual button is fine.

Looks like back to syc3 updater and a full format and install (download method)

Running that file would not cause an issue like that, it is read only. I suspect you might have an issue with your APIM or the previous installation.

After looking at your file installation, it appears you only have 7 or 9 map files loaded, unless this is a copy paste error. You are missing:
1U5T-14G421-BAJ
1U5T-14G421-BBJ

So this morning I tried again, format the USB stick, download fresh all the syn3 files and let it do it’s work.

Unplugged all USB sticks from the car and turned Bluetooth off my phone. inserted the Cyanlabs USB and let it start. It downgrade the sync version, then started the update, by formatting the system.

I saw it keep changing the screen a ford, a mustang and so on and watched the progress bar and timer, The screen then turned green and asked me to remove the usb which I did.

The system then rebooted fine, but here I think is the issue, it asked my to insert the USB to complete the map update, which I did NOT do, as I thought it would just start the whole downgrade and reformat cycle again.

So should I have put the cyanlabs usb back in or not ?

My current thinking is just put up with it until ford release a new map update, instal the “official” way.

Version 5U5T-14G381-EZ
APIM Model: 3U5T-14G371-GDD
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 64GB
APIM Free Space: 11G
06/09/2022 09:46:04 +00:

artition Type = Free / Total
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 1.0M / 1.1G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 2.8G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 2.3G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 7.8M / 1.5G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 17M / 2.2G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 21M / 3.8G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 336K / 38M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 5.6M / 3.2G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 25M / 3.2G
/fs/Nuance/ = 27M / 4.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 29M / 4.8G
/fs/Nuance/ = 25M / 4.3G
/fs/Nuance/ = 35M / 3.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 8.4M / 1.9G
/fs/Nuance/grace = 21M / 1003M
/fs/rwdata/ = 1.0G / 1.2G
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 35M / 35M
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 90M / 90M
/fs/mp/ = 84M / 1.4G
/fs/mp/resources = 332K / 72M
/fs/images/ = 11G / 54G

Installed Packages
1U5T-14G421-BAJ
1U5T-14G421-BBJ
1U5T-14G421-BCJ
1U5T-14G421-BDJ
1U5T-14G421-BEJ
1U5T-14G421-BFJ
1U5T-14G421-BGJ
1U5T-14G421-BHJ
1U5T-14G421-BJJ
5U5T-14G391-AS
4U5T-14G422-BAG
4U5T-14G422-BDG
4U5T-14G422-BBG
4U5T-14G422-BCG
4U5T-14G423-AC
1U5T-14G658-AH

I also had to do a master reset as the map said I was at the Cologne factory :grinning:

At half past one this morning after six hours of downloading with only two files to go, the computer reported insufficient space on the USB drive. This is a Windows 7 laptop that has always done the job before.
Later I tried loading the maps, nav voice files and the licence onto the freshly formatted USB on the Windows 10 machine at work which took about forty minutes. I put the rest of the system on another drive and found I had plenty of change from 32GB when I added up all the files. I loaded the system onto the stick with the maps on without formatting and came out with 3GB to spare! It loaded in 48 minutes and the navigation works. I haven’t tried the voice control yet but will do so later.

I’ve given up on the find an address fault, done 2 full reformats and installs, then done a maps only install and none have fixed it. If I say I need coffee it finds the shops, if I say I need cake it shows me a list of cafes.

Personally I’m not certain using the syn3 cyanlabs software reinstalls every file it should do. I’ll wait now till Ford issue a new full maps update and try that.

People are saying new maps out on 12 Sept for Sync 3, don’t know if that global or just USA

When I did the first reformat and install My Ford account said everything was up-to-date. I did the second reformat and install yesterday, and a F11 map only update today and on my ford account it’ says 1 map update, but when going to the download site nothing there

Syn3updater uses a leaked FORD created tool, your personal opinion is irrelevant in this instance, if you used a reformat install I am 100% sure it reinstalls every file.

I reckon it works very well and the bug is in Sync as I still have the “speak and spell” application. I think there are a couple of things to try. As I don’t know whether this is an artefact of the F11 maps or 22100, the thing to do if it is feasible would be to roll back to the f10 maps and if it doesn’t work as it did before, roll back to an application prior to 22100 as well. If it now works, I would load F11 and see if that works.

You still did not install the map license…please post your installation log and your interrogator log.

That’s a copy and paste from what comes up with the interrogator log, and all the files that got installed on a downgrade reformat install.

interrogator-6-sep-2022.txt (11.2 KB)

You have a DTC you should identify and clear…probably not the issue.
All files look t have installed fine, however, you should load Sync 3.4.21265, as this version seems to be the most stable without serious issues. All the releases afterwards are appearing to have issues of some sort.
If you choose to do so, you can autoinstall these 2 files to go to Sync 3.4.21265:
5U5T-14G381-EU
5U5T-14G391-AP

Sorry to be such a pain in the A, but what’s a DTC and how do I identify and clear

Diagnostic Trouble Code … a Fault basically