Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

Downgrade will downgrade the apps package to 3.3.xxxxx (cant remember what) then it will reboot again, reformat. total time just over a hour from my experience.

Ah fab, thanks for the link, I am still learning. My sync has become really slow recently and freezing up. Even with 2 different phones it’s been quite poor. Sometimes just get a black screen and it’s always when I connect to android auto.

1 Like

installed this on my spare apim .aftermarket camera problem still exits everything else works great

Still think this has to be a NTSC/PAL issue black and white picture was a common issue years ago for PAL/NTSC signals

:+1:t2:

@CyanLabs it keeps failing at “Validating: 4U5T-14G422-BBG_1644011700000.TAR.GZ”

1 Like

You will have to keep trying or try again another time the issue is on ford servers not me unfortunately

1 Like

Dropping to 1 download connections has helped!

1 Like

Oh yeah forgot to mention that (said it so many times on FB, discord and email already)

Maybe worth mentioning on the top post when it’s early doors like this release is.

People don’t read, the more I add the less people will read unfortunately

3 Likes

From map voice files is the BAG that contain the English Language? and is it ok in the Sync3_updater to select only that as long as i use only english language?

Yes and yes

1 Like

I would think a good way of telling is to check for the NO-GPS icon once you turn the ignition on. If the car spent the night under a roof, it should not have GPS lock when powered on.

1 Like

Upgraded from 3.0 to 3.4.2165 a few weeks ago. loving the 3.4 layout and colour themes. So was eager to upgrade to 22110 and F11 maps.

Inserted the USB, took a few minutes for the downgrade, system rebooted and after a couple of mins on the home screen it rebooted again to reformat mode. 55 mins later, a master reset and all working great. Radio logos working, as mentioned above Audio Listening Analytics option has appeared. Not seen anything else to mention other than it maybe a little more responsive.

So grateful for this forum and the hard work of many members here to keep us all well informed. :grinning: :+1:

Just to mention I’ve not experienced any screen flickering. The screen does dim in several stages and settles down to a steady brightness. Doesn’t distract you whilst driving.

1 Like

Sorry - I think I’m understanding this now, but please confirm. The 2020 NA Maps were not ESN locked and that’s why I could update them last year. I’m stuck on that part of it…why I could do so MY20 in Aug 2021, but can’t do so MY20 now. The 2021 US Maps ARE ESN locked. Is there a probability in the future that the ESN unlocked NA Map files will become available?

Just done the upgrade from 3.4.2165 F10 to this latest version and it went without a hitch, took about an hour in all, very happy, thank you all at CyanLabs.

3 Likes

Yes old 2020 was not ESN locked older ones were so that was probably a mistake from ford

No, unlikely to get any workaround, ESN licenses require a ESN specific license.

New leak of the reformat tool for my20 is best scenario

2 Likes

@CyanLabs so did update took around an hour and it then told me to remove usb which i did, then restarted car, it then booted back up and told me to leave usb in while it completes the update so I put it back in and then it said updating software (was already at .22110 as checked in settings) then it said to restart engine and continue with part 2 and then just a black screen. Now it’s restarted the whole thing again saying extracting apps package :frowning: why did it tell me to remove usb then put it back in to finish. Been sat in a car park now for nearly 2 hours.

Tried to update EU maps only , getting error code: MEM _ERR01
after putting into car USB.

I selected all maps [ I ditched Cyprus ], Map Licence,
and only the English Voice Nav , the updater was in auto-install mode.

am I missing something ?