Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

Installed 22110 with 2 21 NA maps on 2017 F250, used Cyanlabs updater tool with downgrade option procedure with no issues seen, then master reset. Approx 40mins.

我来自中国重庆,车型是长安福特的2018年款翼虎,无导航车机。更新到22110后,发现正如有车友发现的在车机界面点CARPLAY电话按钮,不能跳转到CARPLAY的电话菜单了,而是跳转到车机本身的蓝牙电话功能界面。除此之外,还有CARPLAY经常不能正常启动问题,这个问题很麻烦,不能正常使用CARPLAY.

I am from Chongqing, China. The model is Changan Ford’s 2018 Escape, without navigation. After the update to 22110, I found that as some riders found out, clicking the CARPLAY phone button on the car interface cannot jump to the phone menu of CARPLAY, but to the Bluetooth phone function interface of the car itself. In addition, there is also the problem that CARPLAY often fails to start normally. This problem is very troublesome, and CARPLAY cannot be used normally.

1 Like

This behaviour seems to be an bug in 22110.
You’ll have to downgrade to 21265 and the Phone Button it will work normally again when using Carplay.

This is known, please read the topic before repeating

I just updated yesterday and noticed the following changes in behavior coming from 21265:

Bugs:

• When using CarPlay the Phone button in the Sync 3 display leads to the Phone Pairing screen instead of the CarPlay Phone App. When starting the App within CarPlay it works as expected. This is known as listed in the Topic.

Changes I noticed:

• The Nav Search now heavily favors local address results when typing a street name and has a faster autocomplete suggestion which refreshes more often. Complete addresses not in the “loaded” area still take ages to look up.

• When using an USB iPod (iPhone without Carplay enabled) you can now access the up next list by tapping the Search button in the top right of the player.

• When searching a USB Device (USB, iPod) there is a new magnifying Lens icon in the top right which gives you a Nav Style Search in the category you’re searching.

• Gracenote doesn’t replace the Album Art anymore when a connected USB device (USB, iPod) provides an Album Art. This happened regularly besides selecting MediaPlayer as the Cover Source in settings. Nevermind that. Got my hopes up too early. It’s still broken. Seemingly I was just lucky yesterday.

• When using AppleMusic over BT Audio it is now possible to select non-downloaded Tracks / Albums / Artists / Playlists in the library via the Search button in the top right. Until this version, it only showed downloaded tracks and displayed Playlists as empty if they only contained “online tracks”.

• Gracenote Artworks, including the default Artworks for genres, load a lot faster than before.

Weird APIM behavior after the reformat:

• Enhanced DAB was not available until APIM reboot.

Gracnotes work completely fine. Version: 1.1.12316(EU-0020)
APIM is a H1BT-14G380-CB (MY2017)

6 Likes

Many thanks for the detailed report, i will read over this properly when i can and add the relevant stuff to the OP.

1 Like

Yes choose the english language in the sync system. then it wil restart in English

2 Likes

And did you a master reset???.

1 Like

Yes, I did master rest.
Yes, Sync restarts in English, but voice assistance is still in the French language. Text (main lang) - Eng, voice - French…

Thank you very much! I will downgrade to 21265 for a try. 22048 also has the problem that CARPLAY often fails to start normally

Please use english on our forum, thanks!

We shouldn’t need to translate all languages, the person posting should use the language of others (even if via Google Translate) i wouldn’t go on a chinese forum and post in english, it’s rude in my opinion.

Install went fine … BUT yet again, despite NEW Logo package, BBC Radio 5 Live and some other UK Radio Logos don’t appear???

Will Ford EVER fix this!?? … No! :triumph:

• I’m very sorry, please pay attention next time!

Good job with the upgrades.
Today I did the procedure for software upgrade from 3.0 to this 3.4.
Everything was done according to the procedure and the upgrade was successfully executed.
Now something I don’t like and if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know.
I have in this central an external connection input with a Digital TV set. When I turn on the external connection or when I turn on the reverse camera the message “ATTENTION” appeared at the top of the screen, now after this update it appears at the bottom.
Does anyone know how to remove this message ?
Or in some update, they could set it up at the top. Please.

I have seen the same behavior with Gracenote. I turned it off for connected devices.
Gracenote works completely fine, otherwise. NA-0020.

You needed to refresh the ACM/APIM SDL connections. This is not unusual.

1 Like

in NRW (part of germany) we get somme new dab stations in feburary. and the most of them get a lgo with this version

I know the first post says this is a “milestone release”, but I’m a little unclear on one small question. Does that mean this version has been formally released by Ford on their owner website to “eligible” vehicles? Or is this an internal build that was found? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Thanks for great effort , I can see map update for ROW is 2021 , currently I have middle east (gulf) map 2020 q4 and this is the last on ford toolbox , is it the same on updater or you got newer 2021 version?

I don’t know.

1 Like

Successfully updated from Sync 3.4.22048 to 3.4.22110 and F11 maps on Ford Cmax 2017.

I just went with what Syn3Updater gave me and patiently waited till the green screen said “Update successful. Please remove the USB”

I also did Master reset a couple of times to ensure there are no old settings left over.

Happy with Sync 3.4.22110 and F11 maps… So far so good :smile:

Thank you @CyanLabs

Hopefully, Ford would release a slim version of Sync 4 for our cars in the future :crossed_fingers: