Sync 3.4.22251 - Feedback & Issues - Archived Replies

I don’t have it right now if I find it when I get home I’ll upload it

Its a ford kuga st-line 2018 with nav

You chaps and your radio logo’s. Across the pond here we don’t rely on that sort of rubbish. :laughing:

No you rely on a paid service because in America nothing is free :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Lol, sadly this is true!

3 Likes

My grandad is american btw so i can say these things :wink:

2 Likes

Upgraded my 2017 Focus ST today from 2.0.16074 to 3.4.22251 with no issues. Thank you!

Is there a way to remove all the radio presets or AM/FM radio entirely? I only ever use Carplay and Spotify, so I have no use for them.

Just upgraded to 3.4 22251 from 3.0, and did a master reset, but the SiriusXM traffic information is no show up on map (it did show up before upgrade), audio is ok, am I missed something?

Well there is a Thanksgiving free week for Sirius so it should show up for everyone right now.

There is not, unfortunately.

A subscription to Sirius Traffic.

Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to disable audio source switching back to other things?

Prior to updating, my biggest issue by far was the audio source flipping back to AM/FM and blaring loud static.

It seems to be mostly fixed after the update, although I have seen it flip back to AM radio 1-2 times since. Not sure what exactly causes that to happen.

I only listen to Spotify via Carplay so I have no need for any other audio source at all.

This sounds like the ACM acting up. You may want to try locating the relevant fuse (Looks like fuse 79 per the 2017 Focus manual. Same as the C-Max which I’m intimately familiar with and shares the same platform/likely the same BCM/fuse panel) and pull it/reinstall it and see if it clears up.

Do you have any other issues at times in the vehicle life like the audio/static staying on after the vehicle is turned off or random 12v battery drains? Only reason I ask is this is a very well known and common issue on the C-Max (and documented as a TSB for Fusion’s). If this kind of stuff reoccurs, the official fix at least per the mentioned Fusion TSB and anecdotally with my own vehicle is the ACM needs the calibration updated.

I do have subscription, and I can get traffic information before upgrade, but after upgrade, it’s gone, the SiriusXM Traverl Link in Apps shows that only audio is subscripted, all the other services are not available, am I the only person who has this problem here?

Were you responding to me or someone else?

Yeah, that reply was aimed at you. Not sure why it doesn’t register as such. I may have goofed on the reply. :person_shrugging:

As far as the subscription, it was a trial, correct? You upgraded the APIM by performing a reformat, so probably lost the UUID for the trial registration. Have you checked your asbuilt?

If you have a Sirius Traffic subscription, then you need to call SiriusXM.

The radio/Sync system (ACM/APIM) will switch back to the last used source, like AM/FM, SiriusXM, etc., when removing a BT or USB audio source. This is explained in the owners manual under the Sync audio section. This is normal and by design.

So, select an audio source and radio station or whatever, and SET THIS AS A PRESET 1. Then connect your external audio source. You should only have to set this up once, as long as your presets are not erased. There was a bug in Sync some revs back that did exhibit the static issue on AM/FM where the radio was not remembering the last used source, but that was fixed.

Yes, it’s a three months trial, so you mean if I purchase a Travel Link service, it will show up on my upgraded Sync again? Which address/data shall I check on asbuilt?

Does anyone know if any of these updates get rid of the Music note when the album art isn’t displayed? On some vehicles it shows the station until the art is updated like 80s on 8… etc.
Just curious

Thanks