sync 3.4. 23188 home screen

Sync recently shows the home screen on startup. I always have my radio screen on and it would be there when I started the car, now it shows the home screen. I have done soft resets, full reset and reinstalled build 23188 I am lost

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM Replacement

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No

Update Method: Official Ford

I have never known Sync3 to show anything other than the home screen at startup.

1 Like

The bug with the rw data partition in 3.4.22251 could keep Sync3 from reverting to the home screen on startup and leave it in last state.
With going to 3.4.23188 he restored proper functionality.

Does it not show the last screen if car is restarted within X amojnt of time of leaving? A warm start shall we say, a cold boot always shows the home screen doesn’t it?

Well, I’m still confused because I know my startup always went to the last screen and this just started about a week ago. My son has the same version in his car and it doesn’t revert to the Home screen on startup.

What build is your son’s on?
There’s no visible difference in the two versions so the only way to tell is to go to the general screen, about Sync.

Same version as mine 23188

What model and year is your vehicle?
What model and year is your son’s?

Have any changes been made to either with ForScan?

Mine 2022 Escape Sel
Forscan added climate
Eliminated double horn honk

Son’s 2020 Escape Sel
No Forscan mods

Always shows the Home screen

Did you do a bit change using AsBuilt mode or use one of the easy buttons?
Did you do a master reset after the change?

As built mode
Master reset
Everything was working fine for at least a couple of months. The only thing that I noticed when I was trying to figure this out is that the reset turned on Wi-Fi which I had turned off and didn’t catch it. So I don’t know if something downloaded via Wi-Fi or not. If others are having the home screen show up all the time then maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be. It just wasn’t that way for me

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.