Sync 3.4 --> Downgrade --> 3.4 = Now only a black screen

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/manual-method-update-ford-sync-3/

I’m from EU - Romania.

This is a video to see what is happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wzoFav3sGDprYW1D49rYnNnnZ5nP73qP/view?usp=sharing

Have you updated the APIM firmware

Dont know how to do that. It is a Sync3 with version 2.2…or correctly it was.

Stuff doesn’t add up here, you could not have possibly updated from 2.2 to 3.4 over WiFi, i would suggest you figure out what was actually done then we may be able to help.

NOTE TO OTHERS: this issue was not caused by my application!

Have you tried the reset?

If so, it looks like a failed apim

The unit apparently initiated a wifi update that failed. (Surprise!) That is the cause of this issue. The older Sync units, as this is a 2016 unit, are unreliable performing wifi updates, if you can even get them to do it. I would concur that the unit has most likely failed, as nothing done will bring it back to life, and needs to be replaced. As I stated above, the only other option I know is the Ford dealer or purchase another APIM. Being a 2016 vehicle, Ford will most likely not warranty it, although they should if it truly was messed up by their own wireless upgrade.

Of course it was not a problem with your application!
The updates was made automatically by WIFI.

I solved the problem by rewriting the system from scratch. It was made by a technician, I really dont know how he did it.
Thank you all for help!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Did he update the unit for you?

I see version 3.3 so yes. He removed the unit from the board and connected it directly to a Iaptop. I dont know if i should do the 3.4, I’m a bit scared.

1 Like

Yes i can do this also, he wrote it directly to the eMMC chip.

1 Like

The update over WiFi failed and that was the issue. It is a known failure point. Updating to 3.4 will work with the USB and Syn3 Updater. Use the new version and follow the instructions.

Specifically make sure you put the correct current version in.