SYNC 3.4 from NA to EU (MY20?)

What country is UA?
Your APIM is coded 5253, the country code for Russia (RS). If you are in the Ukraine, you should use code 5550 for UP.

Your APIM is indeed a MY20 APIM, 5U5T-14G371-CKF with NAV/32GB storage. Free space is only 2.2GB, so do NOT install anything else on this unit or you might run it out of memory to process another update or rescue attempt.

This is what is installed:
5U5T-14G381-CJ (Sync 3.4.19274)
5U5T-14G391-AP (Sync Voice)
1U5T-14G421-BBH (Only part of the EU required components)
1U5T-14G421-BHH (Bulgaria, Belarus, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Ukraine)
4U5T-14G422-BCF (NAV-Voice file)
1U5T-14G424-BK (EU License file)
and the entire NA map package…which cannot be removed with autoinstall.

A word of caution for what it’s worth: Any flashing of the EMMC with ‘other than Ford legally authorized software’ will void any warranty on this device and could make service departments suspicious. However, that is your choice to make.

It is possible to install a screen from an older machine to go through the procedure after downgrading to 3.3.19052, start the reformat to 3.4.21265 with NAV files that fit onto 32GB APIM. But as posted above, this is NOT guaranteed to work. You may end up with a bricked APIM. The screen you listed above, GR3T-188955-SB, would be suitable for this procedure. Again, that is your choice to make.

This tutorial is for vehicles that can use reformat, but it is useful nonetheless…
Tutorial: Current EU Maps Installation on US Imported Vehicles - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Your best course of action might be to have your service department repair or replace the unit.

1 Like

Yes its Ukraine, Ill try to change code.

So I can`t install common map of EU. :frowning:

Unfortunately, I didn`t have the warranty coverage in Ukraine< so I have free hands to do anything with my car.

Sounds good. It worth to be try.
Anyway if it`s bricked, I have an option with reprogramming emmc.

Thanks for information.

PS:U didn’t say anything about delete NA maps by USB drive, did U know something about it?

If you could make room on the unit, yes. But something will have to be deleted. You could change the Sync Voice file to a smaller file, but you will loose Russian language for Sync. You can make the install with the Syn3 Updater, “Create Small Voice Package” in the Utility menu. This might give you enough room to install the missing map piece to make the maps work, but the downside is the language. All the other files, including NAV Voice, are about the same size across the regions, so replacing those doesn’t really gain any space.

1. Replace the EU Sync Voice file (5U5T-14G391-AP) with the North America Sync Voice file (5U5T-14G391-CP).
    5U5T-14G391-AP 1.6Gb Sync3 v3.2.21169
    5U5T-14G391-CP 394Mb Sync3 v3.2.21169
  2. Install 1U5T-14G421-BAH via autoinstall.
    Autoinstall file contents:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = 1U5T-14G421-BAH
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G421-BAH.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

Good to know. Thank you.

This was once supported by Ford but was discontinued because it really caused more issues for the service departments. No longer available.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, but it doesn’t make sense, at least for me. The Russian language more important than navigation, that can working by “car play” :slight_smile:

So I try to find way to delete NA maps, or change screen to do reformat.

1 Like

Those are the options at this point, I agree. Let us know what you find and how it turns out.

I moved the posts from the other thread here to consolidate.

1 Like

Hello.
Maybe you can tell me what I’m doing wrong.
I have 2020 FORD EXPLORER of course he is with 20MY so I do autoinstall with only updates:

• voice 5U5T-14G391-AP
  • maps …BHH, BBH
  • map_license …BXH
  • voice_nav 4U5T-14G422-BCF

My position is now displayed on the map, navigation works, but address search does not work. When I try to enter an address, the navigation responds “No matches found”. :frowning:

What have I done wrong?

INTERROGATOR LOG

VIN: 1FMSK8…
Version 5U5T-14G381-CJ
APIM Model: 5U5T-14G371-CKF
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 32GB
APIM Free Space: 2.2G

Installed Packages
4U5T-14G421-CAB
4U5T-14G421-CBB
4U5T-14G421-CCB
4U5T-14G421-CDB
4U5T-14G421-CEB
4U5T-14G421-CFB
4U5T-14G421-CGB
4U5T-14G421-CHB
4U5T-14G421-CJB
5U5T-14G391-AP
1U5T-14G421-BHH
1U5T-14G424-BK
1U5T-14G421-BBH
4U5T-14G422-BCF

Give us more information. Did EU navigation worked before?, or this is the first time you are trying to convert it?.

Did you perform all the changes described before?.

Did you master reset once you were done?

Since you are MY20, do not reformat it.
I know you know this, but it’s a reminder.

You can’t convert without using reformat and you cant reformat on my20 as stated in the tutorial.

1 Like
  1. The car was from USA and original has NA maps
  2. I didn`t undusted what a you mean. Everything I did was described earlier.
  3. No, I didn’t. Only reboot. It is necessary?

You do not loose anything by trying it.
It will reset your APIM to defaults, you will have to re pair your phones, set your preferences again…

It may or not help.

But since it was said before, if you can’t convert without reformating, then you can convert.

Oh you about that.
Yes I made master reset from the SYNC menu. There is nothing changed. :frowning:

First of all thanks to all who try to solve a problem.

Summing up, we get the following:

1. Leave it as it is and do not use navigation (there is no way to search for an address)
  2. Go to the English voice package (because it takes up less space) and install a general map of Europe.

Unfortunately, both options are a half solution. I need to look for another solution, how to make a full transfer to EU content (reformat).

The solution is simple: an EU car must have an EU APIM (64GB) and EU maps loaded.

If you buy an APIM, just make sure it has not MY20 components.

2 Likes

One can go far with such statements.
For example - American cars for America, European cars for Europe, and Japanese cars for Japan.
But this is not so in reality.

I appreciate your subtle humor, while I find it excessive.
In any case, thanks again for the information.

I forgot it is impossible to buy something from another country… my mistake :man_facepalming:

Have you called Ford Customer Service and requested assistance from them?

Officially, such cars are not supplied to our country, so they do not provide service for it.

1 Like

Lets make it simple.

You CAN NOT fit EU maps on a NA APIM.
You CAN cut the maps down, to fit partial EU maps on NA APIM.
You CAN replace a NA APIM with an EU APIM.

These are your only options.

As I said earlier, I am quite satisfied with the option with partial maps of Europe.
I don’t have enough little space to load the 1U5T-14G421-BBH maps and I have all what I need.

OK