Sync 3.4 No GPS symbol

Hi all, new to this group. My 2019 fiesta recently did an Fords auto update 3.3 to 3.4 and since new update my sat nav has frozen in one location showing up a symbol NO GPS. I took it to Fords Uber warranty but they want to charge for an update( even thought fully updated?) I subsequently did the Fords update to usb myself and upon reinstalling it, sync 3 said it was successful. However once restating car the sat nav is still frozen in one location. Any suggestions? Regards

SYNC Region: Europe

Navigation Variant: Yes

Old SYNC Version: 3.3

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
NO GPS

Update Method: Official Ford Update

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Perform a master reset, just in case.
Also, go into bezel diagnostics and check for GPS signal.
Have you driven the car since the update?, may take some time to regain GPS lock.

Thanks for your response, I’ve done a soft rest, master reset and when I checked in the test settings It shows no signal under the satellite checks. Sounds you think another update via cyanlabs would rectify the ford update?

I’m not sure if using Syn3Updater would help… Ford’s update and Syn3Updater’s methods use the same packages…

Have you driven the car? Has it seen the sky for a good amount of time?

Here’s what you can do: in Syn3Updater create an interrogator log. Once created, connect it to the car. That should create an XML file with information about the unit. Post that content or file here, make sure yo redact your vin from the file’d name and content if you care about it being publicly shown.

@Terry14b ,
Did you resolve your issue?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.