Sync 3.4+ Not Updating

Ok, good luck with that.

Just one more thing, are you talking about a NAV or non-NAV system?

It says it IN the program.

Are you saying your manuals are wrong?

Wow, I can’t believe we are still talking about this…
What’s the title of that section?!??!!?!?!??!!

“Recommended USB Flash Drives sizes”, APIM size depend on what you are installing!!!

I turned this from a 4" non-nav apim into an 8" non-nav apim.

Ok, if you do not need maps and 3.4 is not updating, check this thread → Tutorial: Sync 3.4 NON-NAV APIM: Failure to Update to Newer Version Sync 3.4

For NA non-NAV, 16 GB APIM should be enough. The previous link will tell you how to free up some space to perform the upgrade. After that, you may or may not be able to install all packages again.

1 Like

I read the whole thing and no where does it talk about the actual beginning size of the APIM memory.

The map enabled versions are they 16,32, or 64 GB to start out with for NA?

NA NAV 32GB APIM, NA NON-NAV 16GB APIM

2 Likes

So trying to reformat gives a packaging error.

Trying auto-install with non-nav update gives a memory error as well.

I need to try to figure out how to clear out the memory I think my previous attempt used up all the memory.

NA NON-NAV 8GB APIM
NA NAV is 32GB only

EU NON-NAV 16GB APIM
EU NAV is 64GB only

The only way to remove the map remnants is to reformat.

1 Like

It won’t take the reformat package. I’m going to attempt a downgrade to 3.4.19101 and try to reformat upgrade it again.

Read the documentation, stop wasting our time…

Does the unit work right now?

Yes

You need to downgrade and reformat… this has already been said though.
https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater/page/the-different-install-modes

again, you have no memory left, you need to downgrade and reformat
https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater/page/the-different-install-modes

Im aware I said that I was going to.

The problem is your tutorials are not easily found on the forums and its far easier to find threads that apparently are giving the wrong information. Pushing it back down to 19502 now

What? if you are not my20 and using a older screen you should DEFINITELY just downgrade and reformat.

I was confused as when I changed it to an 8" screen I only did a reformat I did not downgrade. Im not sure why it worked then.

Again if you read the documentation you would know this. Ford blacklisted the reformat package after 3.4.19200, in order to use the reformat you must downgrade.