Sync 3.4 probelm after Ford update

I guess Ford did an update on my system via WiFi and now it is messed up. Getting messages at start up to turn on automatic system updates and send sync diagnostic to ford. After that screen it goes to another screen that I have to reply to about auto updates being off. After that it goes to a listening analytics screen and have to respond to turn off or on. Then I get to the main screen and my radio has changed from Sirius to AM and I have to switch it back. Does this every-time now that I start the truck. Would updating the system again possibly correct this?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4.22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
no

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Syn3Updater 2.11.8.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Have screen shots but cannot post for some reason

I really wonder what kind of person creates a first post asking for help/advice without even saying hi, hello or thanks…

If that’s true, ford didn’t push anything your way; the issue is with 22251.
You need to get out of that build, check this thread → APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates (Solved)

Thank you for the reply. New to this so please excuse me for being direct. I guess I just did not know how to search for things on this site. I know on the F150 forums my problem comes up a lot and most have to go to the dealer to get fixed. Really did not want to pay a dealer for something that I could do myself. Will run the interrogator and see if the /fs/rwdata folder is full. Will download update ver 23188 and update the system again.

Thanks again for the helping find the solution.

The first for you to run (from the thread) is the rwdata cleaner, you can create they with Syn3Updater. If your issue is because the rwdata partition is full (a bug introduced by 22251), they tool should clear that (it’s a tool specifically released by Ford to fix the issue).

If that fails, the other methods described on the thread may help you. All the known methods are described there, so if any of those works, you are out of luck since no other methods were found.

Hopefully, the rwdata cleaner USB will work.
If it does, you need to go to the latest 3.4 build ASAP (which already has the issue fixed).

I ran the interrogator and found that the rwdata file was full. Ran the cleaner and it fixed my problem. I then updated the system to the latest Sync 3.4 Rev 23188 and loaded the latest maps. All loaded without a problem.

Thanks for the help SaNdMan.

Awesome, thanks for updating the thread with the end result.
Take care and enjoy your upgraded system.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.