Sync 3.4 & Remote Key Fobs

Is there any way the Sync system would interfere with my remote key fobs? I recently updated Sync from 3.0 to 3.4 in my 2017 F150 and since then my remote key fobs are not working consistently to remotely lock, unlock, or start my truck. Sometimes it works if I get very close to the vehicle, and other times the truck has a delayed reaction to my pressing a button on the fob. I have two fobs and both fobs are acting the same. I have replaced the batteries in both fobs as well. I can’t imagine Sync would interfere with that but I’m trying to think what else it could be. Thanks

Correction- I believe I updated from Sync 3.3 to 3.4.

I would say no but if you have DTC’s anything is possible :wink:

Since I’m a newbie…can I sheepishly ask what DTC stands for?

Diagnostic Trouble Codes, an error code basically, you could have some DTC’s that are causing issues or it could be something completely different.

Sync wouldn’t have an effect on this no. I’d recommend checking the voltage on your battery to see if its low.

Failing that, take the battery feed off your vehicle for 30 mins and see if behaves better after that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.