Sync 3.4 update on 2020 Focus

Hi. I have recently bought a UK Focus which was first registered in April 2020 (2019 model). It currently has Sync 3.4 version 19200 with F8 maps. I understand I can’t update this as the car was made in 2020. Is this correct or can I do it via Cyanlabs? Thanks

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 19200

New SYNC Version: 22251

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Not tried it yet

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

If it was built in 2019 then how is it a 2020?

1 Like

I’m told it’s a 2019 model Focus, but built and sold in 2020. It has exactly the same screen as my partner’s 2019 Focus.

I’m not a techie so I’m not sure what the difference is between a car built in 2019 & 2020 as far as Sync 3.4 goes and don’t want to mess it up.

I’ve tried the Ford website to update it, but as ever they are way behind with updates and only show F9 maps available.

Roger

Run the interrogator log and see

Then as said before, run the interrogator log and check the results.
It’s all documented, in fact if you follow Syn3updater guidelines, it will create it for you if you are unsure what type of unit do you have.

About what’s the difference, it’s because Ford changed something in the MY20 APIM models’ hardware. Those are not compatible with the leaked reformat tool, so if you reformat them, you brick them.

So in this forum, MY20 applies to the APIM and Screen, not the car itself.
You can have MY20 or later on a 2017 if it got serviced.

A MY20 vehicle is expected to have a MY20 APIM.

Many thanks for the explanation. I will do as suggested and go from there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.