Sync 3 apim update blank screen

If your going to get a new apim just get one from 2015-2019

I cannot find any cheap ones, the ones I found are brand new straight from ford factory, I will keep looking

I have bought a second hand apim from 2017, it has sync version 2 on it, my question is should I update it to sync 3.something with the official ford usb as it wonā€™t update trough WiFi( does not find updates) or should I update with the syn3 updater? Thank you

You should answer that question, since itā€™s personal preference.
If you want 3.4, thereā€™s only one way to go.
Just make sure Android Auto / Car Play work before going straight to 3.4

Android auto works just fine with the current usb hub( sync 2 usb hub), I am really sorry for been a noob , I just donā€™t want to brake this apim as well

No problem, thatā€™s ok.
If Android Auto currently works, itā€™s ok.

But you asked before if you should upgrade to 3.0 (official Ford) or 3.4, and thatā€™s up to you.
If you want to go to 3.0, you can manually do that. If you want to go to 3.4, you can use Syn3updater.
Keep in mind that you may need to upgrade/change the USB HUB if you upgrade to 3.4.

You said you bought an APIM from a 2017 car, so it should be safe to reformat.
If you have a picture of the sticker, please share it.
Or if you already installed it, run and share the interrogator log output.

It is a 2017 apim, I will try to upgrade to sync 3.4 and see if the usb hub still works if not I will downgrade to an earlier version as I think the prices for a usb is a ripoff, wish me luck and I hope I do not damage this one as well :slight_smile:

The HUB should work, only issue is that if itā€™s an old one, 3.4 will warn you about USB HUBs not being supported every time you turn on the unitā€¦ But you can just hit ā€œOKā€ (or something like that) and it should work nonetheless. The key word here is ā€œshouldā€.

About downgrading, you canā€™t go past 3.3ā€¦ And I canā€™t assure you 3.3 will not give you the HUB warningā€¦

Aaa ok, got you, it gives me the warning at the moment but it works fine on sync 2.3

I get this error what should I do? Should I take the usb out?

Edit: fixed I forgot the SD card with the satnav maps in, now it is installing

Instalation successful but it throws up a navigation malfunction ( I have only selected the maps from my region eastern Europe) or is it because I do not have a got a GPS antena installed ( it was not reporting this issue with sync 2.3 it was jus saying no Gps signal), o donā€™t care about navigation as long as android auto works but I would like to have it fixed.

Edit: it is because of the GPS antena missing

Have you master reset after upgrading?.
If you had issues with navigation before due to the lack of an antenna, upgrading wonā€™t fix it.
If you want to attempt fixing that, you should get an OEM antenna and star playing with the unit.
You mentioned you installed a cut down map version, is the APIM 32gb?.

PS: Iā€™ve merged all your consecutive messages into a single oneā€¦

I have not master reset the system, should I do that? I have already enabled a few features with forscan, would those be affected by the master reset? The unit is 64 GB but I donā€™t care about the navigation as much at the moment as I would rather use android auto, that is why I have installed the map region of only eastern Europe.
Also is it because of the missing Antena the DAB radio is not switching on?

• Yes, master reset.
  • Save your current asbuilt so that you could reinstall those modifications if they get lost after the master reset.
  • My personal opinion is, if your unit is 64gb thereā€™s no reason to not install the full map package.
  • Iā€™m not sure about DAB

On my next reformat I will do the full map install.
Also a side question, is there a way to write my own vin number onto the apim via forscan?

The first 2 map files, **A and **B, are required for EU, as these are the base nav. All the others are add-ons specific to the region. You can load any or all of the nav voice files. Since you have a 64GB unit, you should just reformat and load all of the maps and voice files.

So I have managed to have it almost fully working apart for the navigation for which I am waiting for the OEM GPS antena to arrive, all functions are working fine, only one issue, the DAB radio is not switching on, any ideea why is that not working? Is it because of the cd unit or because of the GPS antena?

Most likely the radio unit (ACM) or the programming. You can take a look at the ACM coding and compare it to the databases on the site here. Also make sure the APIM is set for DAB.

I had enabled dab radio with forscan, the button is on the screen but it does nothing, I have also enabled hd radio in forscan but there is no option to turn it on.

You can have HD Radio or DAB, not both. They are either US or EU systems, respectively Sounds like an issue with the ACM. Thatā€™s an EU Focus, right? Not imported?

Yes, an EU focus

Look at the ACM asbuilt.