SYNC 3 Cut Down Map Package Generator

Hey there, 2018 Ford Focus with a JS7T APIM - I always select EU maps but only want UK maps installing. 64gb APIM with 11gb free space. If I choose the UK maps package only will it install just UK maps and remove the other maps or does the car only choose to install UK maps from the package generator? Does the car install all maps in the background incase you go out of the country? Trying to save space and hopefully speed the system up.

Hi.

It only installs what you told it to, it does not remove stuff.
Only way to delete maps is to reformat the unit or jailbreaking it.

The car does not choose anything, it’s not smart like that, it will install what you tell it to install.

Nothing is installed in the background, it’s good to have your regional maps (outside your country) should you decide to take the car on a vacation, right?.

I would not bother, really.
But of course, you are free to try doing that.

Don’t really want the maps outside of UK as I would never take the car outside of it so saving space is better.

So if i just pick UK maps which I have done does it not remove the non UK maps or does it just leave outdated non UK maps on?

This unit was originally on 3.0 and I updated to 3.4 found posts saying it’s flagged as a my20 apim but it’s a 2018 model vehicle. The apim was 3.0 and my upgrade which I assume was initially a reformat should mean I can reformat and just put on the UK maps and voice if the above doesn’t suffice?

Correct

Had to downgrade to 3.9 even though I selected last version of 3.4 that had the reformat tool it still downgraded to 3.9 version. Working now though and is deffo snappier with more memory free.

What is 3.9?