***SYNC 3 Gen 4 APIM w/3.4 update & EURO Navigation to USA Navigation***

I know F150CHIEF posted a tutorial on how to put Euro maps on a USA APIM by reformatting…but I need the opposite…Euro to USA. It already has the 3.4 update just need Euro maps/Navigation to be switched/reformatted to USA maps.
Installing in 2016 F250 with SYNC 2. I already have everything for SYNC 2 to 3 upgrade.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 3.4

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Unable to check for messages at this time.

Update Method: Official Ford

There is no special method for converting an EU to US APIM. It has twice the memory space so you will not need to do anything special, just use the Syn3 Updater as you would a US installation. You could run the Interrogator Utility and post it here if you like and we can take a quick look…

I appreciate the response F150Chief. I’ll definitely post the Interrogator info on here. It’ll be mid to late next week though. I’m out of town at the moment.

F150Chief, haven’t had a chance to install the Sync 3 w/Euro maps yet to run Interrogator.
I did run ForScan on my Sync 2 APIM to get the module configurations though.
So since the Euro Sync 3 (believe it’s from a Ford Flex) is supposed to already have 3.4 I’ll just need to upload US maps and change the configurations to match my Sync 2 from F250 in order to have all my on screen features to function properly i.e. dual climate, audio, GPS, etc?
I’m going to use a Sync 4 8.4" screen for better resolution and supposedly more responsive. I also have a Sync-G4 APIM (came as package with screen) was gonna try to use but haven’t found any definitive answers if it would work.

Not from a Ford Flex. Those were US/Canada made and sold only. Would not have come with an EU APIM.

That K series APIM is a good one though.

I don’t believe the SYNC 4 will work in your truck at all since the 16 F250 still had the CGEA 1.2 network in it.

I just looked at Sync 3 APIM again…it says “FLEX” on the back above the model number and all the IFETEL ID, FCC ID, IC ID numbers, etc. I assumed from a Flex but last year was 2019 (so APIM’s would be '18) and like you said not sold in EU. “FLEX” is abbreviation for “Flextronics International KFT” …printed on it further down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.