Sync 3 in 2014 ford focus

Hello everyone

I currently have a 2014 focus st with sync 1 + sony sound system in which I installed sync 3. I wanted to have the opinion concerning the asbuilt of my APIM. If i can still improve the configuration. I do not say no. I also have two DTCs on the APIM which are U0184:00-0B and U0238:00-0B
and on the ACM: U2101:00-2F
I imagine that the ACM is not compatible. I could not reuse the original one.
My sync 3 version is 3.4.22251

Thank you.

The ACM you used, what year is it from

The ACM is from 2018.

Does everything seem to be working OK except for the codes? I’m having some weirdness with an APIM/ACM upgrade, and 2018/2019 seems to be right around the time they significantly changed the ACM.

Only other thing I could suggest is back up the current ACM as built and push your old one’s config to it.

Yes apart from the dtc all works perfectly. I still need to improve the programming of the APIM but for the moment I just want to enjoy it. European ACMs are not programmable. it would be necessary to go on a ford kuga ACM but the prices are delirious.

APIM U0184:00-0B and U0238:00-0B
U0184 - Lost Communication with Radio
U0238 - Lost Communication with Digital Audio Control Module
ACM: U2101:00-2F
U2101 - Invalid Configuration

This is likely due to something in the ACM or APIM configuration affecting the communication. This could just be for a feature you don’t have, or something not obvious. The Focus is a C1CMA vehicle, so these related settings in the APIM need to be accounted for.

Things I see needing attention:
7D0-01-01: You have DAB disabled in the APIM. Does the ACM support DAB? Or is this a NA ACM, not EU?
7D0-01-02: You have Sirius Travel Link enabled. This needs to be disabled for EU.

Post your ACM asbuilt. What is the part number of the 2018 ACM?

ACM asbuilt 727-01-01 : 0030
It is a F1BT-18C815-LP. European ACM are not programmable. I think the ACM support DAB but not sure, Sirius would be disactivated soon.

I have read that it is possible to take a Ford Kuga CV4T ACM and configure it but it’s not plug’n play because the dimensions are different.

That ACM is not compatible with Sync 3. It will work, kind of, but you won’t get rid of the DTC’s because it does not talk the same talk as a Sync 3 APIM, for the most part.

That will work, but the physical size is an issue.

What acm references would work ?

I’m not sure, but the CV4T ACM would.

Maybe @Vchat20 or someone could suggest an alternative?

Ok well I’ll try to find one that’s not too expensive then.
7D0-01-01:XX** : I have choose 2B is this a good value ?

Should be ok.