SYNC 3 MAP SPINNING

Hi F150

I have change the as-built done a master reset and I still get the error code.

OK, thanks. Iā€™ll see if I can find something related to the Sync swap. In the mean time, you could disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes and reconnect, clear the codes, see if they come back. Just a thought.

Hi F150

I have tried what you suggested take the battery off and cleared the codes. This error code keeps coming back.

I did find a discrepancy between the Sync 2 and 3 settings for the vehicle settings.

Change 7D0-02-01 4153 0101 40B0 to 7D0-02-01 4153 0101 00AC. (ā€¦let FORScan calculate the checksum) This changes the value to the previous Sync 2 settings for the SDLC and B-Car.

You can change the other setting back to what it was aboveā€¦
7D0-08-02 xxxx xxxx *x-- LIN12-Y (count)

Hi F150

Appreciate everything you have done for me. Iā€™m starting to think this a fault code Iā€™ll just have to put up with. So far no matter what we do itā€™s going away. While the gps seems to be working fine unless you go in to a tunnel and loose signal. Seems like the abs module might not be compatible with sync 3

1 Like

Let me know if you think it is causing issues. At least all of the other issues seem to be fixed.Thanks.

Hi F150

Thanks for your help really appreciate it. Only issue will be loosing signal in a tunnel and the nav wonā€™t work but I can live with that.

Actually, with the correct values at 7D0-05-01, -02 & 7D0-07-01 -04, the nav should continue to work correctly and you should be right on track when you exit the tunnel. You may see the NO GPS icon appear on the map. This just indicates a loss of satellite position lock.

Rickc, I understand the map is back to spinning. Can you elaborate, any changes?

Hi F150. Nothing has changed in the way of settings. It been fine up until about 2 weeks ago sitting at the lights and it starts spinning again ever since then it keeps doing it. Iā€™m at a lost of what is causing this issue. I have updated to the latest software hoping it would solve the issue unfortunately itā€™s still the same.

I would say this is probably hardware related. If you put the Sync 2 unit back in for a day, does the nav work ok? If so, I would suspect that the replacement Sync unit might not be up to par.

If I put the sync2 unit back it will be for a day or 2. I have 3 sync3 units 2 of them are doing the exact same thing in both the vehicles. 3rd I have is a spare. Iā€™ll give that a try. Do you think itā€™s worth going back to 3.2 or 3.3 ?

So as I read through this thread you said you added an OEM antenna for the SYNC 3 to get the Sat signal. How did you get the Sat antenna plug into the APIM?

I have run a cable from the roof down to the apim.

In the other vehicle the GPS aerial is connected directly to the apim and is having the exact same issue. Which is using a genuine ford gps aerial.

You guys dont have Sirius Radio down there do you?

No we donā€™t have Sirius

Ok, thx. I only ask becuse I had the same problem awhile back. Itā€™s been just long enughf that I cant remember exactly how I fixed it. I can say it was one of three things, AsBuilt, Antenna or Master Reset. I am leaning towards the antenna if I remember right as I read through these.

Hi F150 do you think updating calibration software would cause this issue ? I am going to try my sync 3 test unit in my car on the weekend that has software v3.2

Unlikely, but always possible. Let me know how you fair with the new unit.

Hi F150 I have changed over the unit. And unfortunately the same thing happens after 45 minutes of driving it started to spin again. So Iā€™m at a lost 3 apims doing the same thing