Sync 3 Stuck in Boot Loop

Yeah so I did do forscan on it. I changed a few things and it says ford on the screen when I turn it off. Ill post what I changed. I’m not sure which one exactly changed it but it did show the ford logo only when the car is shut off prior to the cyanlabs install.

I am the second owner. No one had messed with anything at all on it, I just changed a few things on forscan. How to I run that? I’m new to all this. I know a little bit about forscan but not a whole lot

How to I post the interrogator log? I’m not sure how I do that

It’s in the Syn3 Updater. Run the procedure and then just post the file here…or since you have FORScan, post the APIM asbuilt file you saved, or take a pic of the Asbuilt Configuration screen for the APIM.

Enabling HD Radio will do nothing for you if the ACM does not have it. Also, USB2 does not work in Sync 3.

It appears that FORScan might have made an unintentional change for you when you changed the theme and boot screen. Easy fix. (It is better to use the Asbuilt Configuration pages than the “EASY” method, so these things don’t happen. For every choice on the settings, there are 4 different coding that could be enabled. If not enabled properly, this happens.)

1 Like

Wow I didn’t know that. Ok hold on I’ll post the as built. So I changed some of the themes back and was able to get it back to the Lincoln theme not the black label one. It fixed it and got rid of the ford emblem but now I sat in the car for a few min after it’s off and the screen stays on instead of turning right off. It’s all black so it’s not on anything but still idk why it does that. I’d assume it’s a 15 min shut off.

2018 Lincoln MKC, C1CMA vehicle platform.
You need to change the Illumination Gateway in the APIM to C1CMA.

7D0-06-01: x*xx-xx from 805E to 815F.

0=PAK Not Present, TBA Not Available, IGS CGEA 1.3
1=PAK Not Present, TBA Not Available, IGS C1MCA

Sync 3 APIM Database - CyanLabs

You were right! That fixed it, it shut off when the digital gauge cluster did, man y’all are so smart. Anything I can add to the gauge cluster that my car supports that you can think of? I just wanted to say thank you guys so much. I really do appreciate all you have helped me with. :raised_hands:

1 Like

I was looking at your APIM asbuilt. PM me your VIN.

fwiw this is in the FAQ / Common Issues

Car Battery Dies Quickly / APIM Doesn’t Seem To Turn Off When The Car Is Off

If you are having issues where the APIM doesn’t turn off after the car ignition is off and door opened.

In ForScan set the APIM As-Built 7D0-06-01: x1xx-xx
In UCDS set the APIM DEO5 > “illumination Gateway” to C1MCA

F150chief, my system does the same thing when i turn my vehicle off the system stays on for about 2 mins before it shuts off I tried that code that you posted 7D0-06-01: x*xx-xx from 805E to 815F. and it didn’t work I saw your spreadsheet that you created FORScan 2015-2020 F150s Livnitup with the ABS, ACM and the APIM codes, would this work for my 2016 MKZ…

Actually what you are seeing is normal. The 815F coding is for C1CMA vehicles, yours is CGEA 1.3. CGEA vehicles use 805E. (This is dependent on the vehicle as the ‘8’ could be another value, not relating to the Illumination GW.)

In the case of a C1CMA vehicle, the display never completely turns off and could drain the battery if the BMS system has been disabled. There are cases where it would drain the battery regardless. This is due to the discontinuation of C1CMA support in Sync 3.4 in relation to the Illumination and Lighting strategies, and a few other things. As a 2016 vehicle, your MKZ was never intended to run Sync 3.4, so not everything will be perfect with an upgrade of this nature. As long as the display is turning off, there is nothing to worry about.

When you turn off your vehicle and open the door, all systems should start to shut down. That does not mean that they really shut off immediately. If you watch your speedo and tach needles (if you have them) for a while after you open the door, ignition just shut off, you will see them dip after some time goes by. This is just one indication of how the newer vehicle never really shut off. If you check your battery with an ammeter with the vehicle shut down, you can see over 1 amp and as much as 2-3 amps of draw at times. This is normal.

1 Like

Thanks again, as far as the spreadsheet you created FORScan 2015-2020 F150s Livnitup with the ABS, ACM and the APIM codes, would this work for my 2016 MKZ…

Sorry, that got lost in the running sentence…

As far as the APIM and ACM, they will be mostly identical, if not so. For things like the ABS module, it will be similar but not every vehicle model may use the same firmware so some differences would be expected. However, from what I have seen most systems are very similar between vehicle models provided you are comparing them on the same vehicle platform and model year. Most of the databases here are either general settings indicated in the database, or are specific to a vehicle or part. This will be noted in the notes at the top of the database page.

1 Like

F150chief, I need your help, I changed my code back to what it was before and now I lost my Nav…

Do you know where you are?
7D0G1G282AB00008A99

Never seen that before, but I am sorry for the late response but I just updated to the 3.4.22110, i did two master resets and everything back to normal except the travel link, it took 40 mins to update…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.