Sync 3 update from v1.0 to V3.0 Nav black screen

Good day,

I am new to this forum and would like to request some assistance regarding Sync 3 Navigation Maps.

My 2016 Ford Focus originally came with from the factory with Sync 2. I upgraded to Sync 3 last year and updated the software to Sync 3 v3.0 via USB, with no problems.

I recently obtained a 32GB APIM data board, to add the Navigation functionality to the APIM and the unit started up and the Navigation was working, but it had no Android Auto (due to the Sync 3 v1.0 Software). I subsequently utilized the VIN of my wife’s Ford Everest with Navigation to download an official Ford Sync 3 v3.0 software update from the Ford Website. The software was extracted to a 32GB Flashdrive and installed onto the APIM. After cycling the ignition for the APIM to restart, the Navigation icon is still available on the screen, but the unit only gives a black screen when Navigation is selected. There is also no Map version listed on the screen, in the “About SYNC” Screen. It only displays the Sync 3 software version 3.0 Build 19205, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Gracenote version 1.1.1.1130 (GL-011) and the Sync Serial Number on the “About SYNC” Screen.

Could you kindly please assist me to install the Maps, in order for the Navigation to work again?

Kind regards

See your PM…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.