Sync 3 Update

I recently purchased a Lincoln MKX 2016. I have been unable to update my sync system 3 from version 1 to version 3.4 (latest version) using ford/Lincoln website downloads. I have tried updating over wifi and many usbs. When I insert the usb nothing happens. Vehicle has been to local ford dealer 3 times and I have spent hours on the phone with Lincoln and ford. Every person has given me different answers as to why this won’t update. From changing modem, apin and changing USB ports. They have no idea why it won’t update. They want to charge me $500 for an additional card and that will just update sync and not navigation. Changing the modem is $1700! I am hesitant to do this as they don’t know if this will work or not. I would like to use the cyan labs update but I m unsure if it will work and I don’t want to mess anything up. Has anyone else had this trouble?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Unknown

Old SYNC Version: 1.1.1.615

New SYNC Version: 1.1.1.615

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

What are you trying update to? You don’t specify that in the original post.

Sorry i am trying to update sync 3 version 1.0 to sync 3 version 3.4

I would start by going to 3.3.19052 first. You have a really old APIM and they can be temperamental when updating. The changes going to 3.4 are pretty big and meant for newer APIMs that have newer hardware specs. While the odds are it will work going to 3.4 and could work just fine but also know that it is a one way door going above 3.3.19052. If you don’t like it and it runs bad you can’t go back.

I was not aware (or i do not remember) that Ford provided an upgrade path from Sync3 1.1 to 3.4…

Are you really sure about those versions?.
If so:

• create and interrogator log, run it against the unit and provide the produced log here
  • send screenshot of what Ford gave you: the USB’s root contents, the contents of any .LST files that’s in the root a d also the contents of the SyncMyRide folder.

Thank u I ll try to run utility. A lot of this is maybe beyond my capabilities.

Since we didn’t hear back from you in about 10 days, I’m setting a 4 days inactivity auto closure

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.