Sync 3 upgrade Sirius to SiriusXM

Hi upgraded long time ago my 2013 Lincoln MKX to sync 3 and it all works fine but I would like to see about changing to get higher channels with SiriusXM as I have Sirius only currently. I read that some changes have to be made to wiring connection and a different ACM. Can anyone help with this I tried the searches and it just a Rabbit hole loop.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 3

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
Na

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: Na

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

Na

Several here have done this. It will require you add 2 extra wires to the harness between the ACM and APIM. You also have to have an ACM that will do this and work in an older CanBus system. In some cases, you need a new antenna splitter and maybe even a new antenna.

Can it be done? I believe it can because I have done it. The big question is what hardware will work and where do you get it. I have done it in an 18 Expedition with a CGEA 1.3 network. I don’t know what a an MKX could use to make it work though.

There is a company called VAIS Technology (vaistech.com) that offers a SiriusXM upgrade kit for many models. I’m thinking about upgrading my 2017 Ford Escape Titanium to get the extra channels, especially the sports channels, that SXM provides. Speed45, you might check their site and see if they have something for your MKX.

From the looks of it, it appears they are just making the aftermarket SXM tuner show up as a USB media player so it’s not gonna integrate as well as the factory Sat tuner. Just an FYI. Depends on how much you can tolerate ‘jank’.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.