Sync 3

Good Morning

I Have a Sync 3. Sadly it shows no Version or Buildnumber, i cant update or anithyng. The USB connection works just fine (Tried with a bunch of music-sticks)

Does anybody have a solution to Bring the Version and Buildnumber back?

Thans alot.

Greetings from Switzerland

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.1234

New SYNC Version: 3.4.123

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No Error Message at all

Update Method: Official Ford

Hello.

Can you share a picture of the about Sync3 section on the screen?.

Also, create and run an interrogator log, then post the XML here.

Thanks for the replay

The inerrogater Log does not work, i tried it too to figure out, witch version is Installed, but dosent show me the :“startung softwareupdate” dialog in the top bar. And also is no xml-file generated

Why is the unit off the vehicle?
Do you mind sharing context?, or telling us what’s really going on with the unit?.

Also, post a picture of the sticker located on the back of the APIM.

Sometimes this happens, have you already simply tried a master reset?

I Changed the Unit. This is the old one, so i made a testbench, to learn something about it, and configer it with forsecan and see what happens. Just fore couriossity… A picture will come tomorrw.
I also build a GWM, TCU and a ACM with a bunch of Speakers in the Bench. So i have Connection throu Forscan.

To Start the Canbus i have a CAN injection tool, that sends the “Start, engine running, shiftet gear(park) and rpm” message to the Can bus

I tried the Master-reset already but diddent work.

I hope i could explain it right, my english isent the best

Everytime i’ve had no build number and it can’t be fixed by master reset the unit has been faulty, are you able to run anything on this? reformat? etc?

No sadly not, when i plug the usb stick with the updates, , reformat or irrogator log nothing happens ( it generaits also no log file) but music works on the stick.

Also the stick is corectly formatet (exfat) and has 32gb of space

Hmm, not sure what else to suggest then really, i’m leaning towards faulty APIM

Thank you for the context.

Well, if a master reset and/or module reset from Forscan does not change things, I’m also pointing towards a faulty unit. Why did you replace it in the first place?.

Also, have you verified that the USB you are using is not GPT but MBR?

Try running the rwdata tool on it then reboot the unit 2 times and see if the situation changes. This will ensure you have memory space and clear old logging files.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.