SYNC / APIM troubles

Hello everyone, first i would like to introduce myself a little bit. My name is Enrico and i live in Belgium. In our family there are 3 Fords of which i own 2, a Ford C-max of 2014 and a Ford Galaxy of 2019. Now the third one is owned by my father in law and is the one with troubles, a 2016 Ford S-Max 2.0 diesel Vignale. It’s about the APIM, it started out that the unit would out of nothing tell us (in voice) that the language was set to dutch when we never did anything to change that setting. After a few weeks, after starting the car, you all know the display would come on normally, but it didn’t, it would take between 5 and 10 minutes before it would come on and after that it would function normally. As the car was planned for maintenence at a Ford-dealership there was dicided that they should look into it. After the dealership tryed to restore it everything whent downhill… They told us that they had removed the old software to reïnstall it afterwards but they weren’t able to as the APIM would break the installation off after it would be almost finnished. So from that point on nothing works anymore. The car has been back to the dealership for multiple occasions to try and fix it without succeeding. At that point they told us it would be best to exchange the APIM as it would be broken. But, they could not guarantee that it would be fixed after the replacement. So for an amount for about 1200 euro to not be sure a problem is solved, i,m saying thanks but no thanks. The only thing they where able to do was to put on software from years before the car was build, i think it was sofware from 2014 and then it worked for about two weeks before the APIM didn’t react again. I have a foxwell N530 with which i could read off the ECU-number which is HB5T-14G371-AAF and software-number GB5T-14G374-CB . The thing is, i can get in the APIM-ECU and it doesn’t give any fault-codes. This APIM has no navigation, it does have connected a rearview-camera. I haven’t been a mechanic over 20 years so my experience isn’t what is used to be, especially to electronics but i’m not a total stranger to it. So if anybody has some suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 2.0.16074

New SYNC Version: 2.0.16074

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
screen stays black, no respons at all

Update Method: Official Ford

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.