Sync3 and maps update

Hi, a 2019 Ford Focus 1.5 120hp, I managed to do the sync3 update downloaded from the Ford website but I can’t update the maps either by downloading it from the Ford website or from the sync3adapter, is there anyone who can help me ?

SYNC Region: EU

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 3.025306

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
PKG_ERR03 O MEM_ERR03

Update Method: Official Ford

There’s no point in troubleshooting 2 things at the same time, so what do you want to do?, troubleshoot ford’s upgrade or syn3updater’s?

If your unit is in fact not-my20, I would recommend using syn3updater.
So, provide the log for the latest USB you tried, and clarify which error do you get with such USB.

Then the problem is 1, I tried to make the updates from Ford official the one for the sync3 went well, the one for the maps from Ford official gives me like error PKG_ERR03 or MEM_ERR03, instead trying with the syn3updater the update leaves and after about 40 minutes from as a message that finished and to make the key round but the update was not successful

As I told you before, there’s no point in troubleshooting 2 overlapping “issues” at the same time.
So choose, what do you want to do?.

Then you don’t understand, I have to update the maps what I tried but it gives me these errors, PKG_ERR03 and MEM_ERR03 what can I do?

You are the one that’s not understanding, clearly.
You said you tried both methods (Ford & Syn3updater) and provided 2 error messages.
Are we supposed to guess what goes with what?

I asked in the very first response 2 hours ago, what method do you want to troubleshoot… I didn’t get a response (nor log), so I asked a second time what did you want to go after, Ford or Syn3updater…

I didn’t get a response either, but I was told “I didn’t understand” instead…

Maybe we are hitting a language barrier here, since english is not my native language either.

Maybe others will have more luck in helping you.

Ok the two mistakes I marked you (PKG_ERR03 and MEM_ERR03) he gave me on two different occasions that I tried by downloading the update from the official Ford.

Instead when I tried downloading the update with syn3updater, I put the usb stick in the car starts the update after about 40 minutes it ends and with a message on the screen tells me to do the key round to complete but in the end nothing was updated ok.

How can I solve it?

Did you try a Master Reset after the key cycle?

No, I don’t know how to do it?

With the engine running, on the sync screen go to settings, scroll to the right to general and scroll down to master reset and enable it and allow it to factory reset.
You will have to pair your phone again later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

What Sync version are you currently running? If you updated from Ford it would be Sync 3.0.20204. You cannot use the Syn3 Updater on this version, so what versions are installed?