SYNC3 hardware module replaced - travel apps worked briefly

What is your SYNC Region? NA

What was your Old SYNC Version? v3.4.21020

What is your current SYNC Version? v3.4.21020

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ?

Do you have a error message, if so what is it? yes Not available

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

PASTE LOG HERE

Please describe in detail your issue below

Not sure if others would be interested. My 2020 F150 with nav sirius travel apps began working intermittently and then essentially quit after the system updated to current ford release v3.4.21020. With the help of this forum, I installed 3.4.21098. All worked for several days and then quit. Checked sync version and it had reset itself to 3.4.21020. So I decided to let ford look at it. They reported that the sync module needed replacement and did so. Got truck back. all worked for about 3 starts. Around the fourth start, the apps quit working.

Roll back to 3.4.20351. The Ford techs have access to the doc below. If you paid for the service, go talk to them.

TSB 21-2150: Sync 3 SiriusXM and Travel Link and other issues… - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

Have notified my service writer. I had discussed my view that this was a software issue and not necessarily a failed module based on my earlier “fix.” Then I saw this. So left him a voice mail and a text with the TSB number.

Built my 3.4.20351 update last night and applied it during my lunch break at work today. Takes less than 15 minutes to apply. New syn3 interface caught me off guard a little last night. Anyway, performed the master reset prior to installing the update. Probably should have performed one after applying the update. Might still do that. Of course all is working at present.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.