SYNC3 v3.4.21020 lost sirius travel link

What is your SYNC Region? US

What is your current SYNC Version? 3.4.21020

Do you have Navigation? yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it? yes in travel link status app not available

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

Please describe in detail your issue below

Simply put, lost my Travel Link functionality - used the weather maps a lot, sports some, etc. Worked with sirius on it, but to no avail. They essentially reset my account. I have not tried a master reset, yet. I am considering reverting to previous version.
Vehicle is 2020 F150.

You had 3.3 before right? Create an interrogator log. If this update was also available thru the sync 3 downloader page from ford, blame them for faulty software.

I am not sure what version I had before. I have been keeping both of my sync vehicles up to date. What version preceded 3.4.21020. I received notification from Ford of the update being available. Is there any expectation a master reset would help? Will research site to find out how to create an interrogator log.

A number of people with 2020-2021 Explorers have reported this as well. You are not alone. One fix was to downgrade to 20136.

thanks for the reply. I am considering the downgrade option as well. Miss my weather maps here in Texas. Going through the Ford site, have not ran across the necessary download to downgrade.

Update to 3.4.21098, the newest build. Just the app, no reformat.

EDIT: It looks like 3.4.21098 DOES FIX the SiriusXM issues experienced in the previous release. Install 3.4.21098, perform a master reset, then you will need to wait maybe 2 or 3 key cycles (with the vehicle completely off) and maybe a few days, but SiriusXM will return. This includes the satellite radio and Travel Link services. This is observed from a number of users from F150Forum and other US websites.

If anyone can find release notes for 3.4.21098, please post them.

1 Like

Look at this post as my guide.

Use the Updating (Autoinstall Mode).

1 Like

I set the application to keep existing maps and just apps.
And to download only. IN the directory is a tar.gz file 5U5T-14G381-ES_1619042260000.TAR.GZ
Do I simply copy this to the thumb drive formatted as efat and then insert in the drive on the truck?
[5/19/2021 6:42:45 PM] Selected Region: NA - Release: Sync 3.4.21098 - Map Version: Keep Existing Maps
[5/19/2021 6:42:45 PM] Install Mode: autoinstall
[5/19/2021 6:42:45 PM] Checking Existing File: 5U5T-14G381-ES_1619042260000.TAR.GZ
[5/19/2021 6:42:45 PM] Downloading: 5U5T-14G381-ES_1619042260000.TAR.GZ
[5/19/2021 6:51:11 PM] Validating: 5U5T-14G381-ES_1619042260000.TAR.GZ
[5/19/2021 6:51:16 PM] Downloaded: 5U5T-14G381-ES_1619042260000.TAR.GZ
[5/19/2021 6:51:16 PM] Process completed successfully (download only)

Now that you have the download, place the USB in the PC and find the USB with the Syn3 Updater app. Configure the app like you did to download, should already be set up, and start the write to the USB.

Making the USB is best done through the app.

will try that this evening. A master reset did clear up the lost travel link issue - or at least it did this morning on the way to work.

Just wanted to say, if you see me reply to other posts but avoid this topic, it’s not because i’m ignoring it but because i am based in the UK and therefore am unable to contribute with this issue as it’s not something the UK has :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was incorrect as to master reset working. Checked my truck during lunch and the functionality of the travel link stuff was not there - the status app showed some available, but even those were not functioning.
As to building the update drive, don’t I have to tell it what to use as a source?

Select the drive in the app. The app should have all the files downloaded already? Then do the master reset AFTER it is updated. The Sirius Travel Link may take a couple of ignition cycles to work again, but it is reported on the F150Forum that it will work by several users.

Completed this update this afternoon after mowing the yard. Did a master reset and reconnected the phone and activated the Ford Pass, etc. So far everything is OK. Sent a refresh signal for sirius.
System reports the 3.4.21098 version. Wonder how the Ford system will see that since this is probably not a supported upgrade.
All functionality seems to be there in terms of my built in internet hotspot, connectivity to my home network, the ford pass app starting the vehicle, etc.

2 Likes

The Ford system does not care…eventually it will tell you that you can upgrade to the same version.

Ride to work included my Travel Link apps this morning. That’s a good sign. Everything seems to be functioning normally.
EDIT: took a drive later and only the Movies and Weather Alerts travel link apps show to be working.

Hope I am not dragging this stuff on too long.
Is it challenging to put my truck at the version of sync prior to 3.4.21020. I would like to see if it is a version issue causing my lost functionality.
I saw options for downgrade and remember reading where it appears downgrade is possible in some newer versions. At the top of my head, I don’t recall what version was installed prior to this upgrade (3.4.21020).

3.4.20351 does not have the issue.

PM me your VIN and I can tell you what was loaded on the vehicle from the factory, if you are curious.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.