Sync3Updater crash after clicking on the input field for the full version of the firmware

Firmware 2.2 is installed on my Ford Fusion
I want to update it
After reading the forum, I realized that this is easy to do using Sync3Updater. + get the latest firmware
But when filling in the field for the full version of the firmware, the first time I click on this field, I get a crash of the program and its complete shutdown. Later I can make a screenshot of the report.
If someone has come across this or knows a solution - I will be very grateful for the help!

Windows 11, Net Framework 4.7.2 installed

I also tried it on a laptop with Windows 10. The problem is the same

SYNC Region: North America & Canada

Navigation Variant: No

Old SYNC Version: 2.2.16280

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Syn3 Updater

Syn3 Updater Version: 2.10.8.0

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read: Yes

Syn3 Updater Log File

no file

Can any one replicate this currently? i’m at the office on corporate connection so can’t test.

I can’t replicate it.
I’m on W10, and I can manually input the version or select some close to it.
I’m wondering if this is related to a network issue (pulling the values) or maybe a decimal thing (locale). I do not think the latest, the issue would had been spotted a while back.

@a.mrshuk , can you try doing the same thing but using a different internet access point?, maybe try your mobile’s hotspot.

Works fine for me, WIN10

My guess is your internet or ISP or corporate firewall is blocking *.cyanlabs.net

Quite possibly. But the site is working correctly.
My computer, my mom’s computer, and my friend’s computer use the same ISP. I was able to burn the flash drive from a different computer and basically a different ISP. Therefore, perhaps your words have a clue to my problem. This is even more likely than problems with the PC and software
Video problems - Sync3Updater crash after clicking on the input field for the full version of the firmware - YouTube
The beginning of the video is already waiting for about 30-50 seconds after starting the program

it doesn’t even get the QR code, you are blocking connection to my server in some way, this is not a Syn3 Updater issue

It fails here, Syn3Updater/Syn3Updater/UI/Tabs/Settings.xaml.cs at master · CyanLabs/Syn3Updater · GitHub and this is where it populates that list, therefore further confirming you are blocking network access to api.cyanlabs.net and/or syn3updater.cyanlabs.net or i am blocking you as part of Cloudflare security, in which case Cloudflare must have a reason for doing so and i won’t/can’t whitelist IP’s

this attempts to check for an update and fails, times out and loads without checking

EDIT: additionally it appears you are in some Russian speaking country, I imagine with everything going on this is partly why.

4 Likes

I’m in Ukraine. We have blocked a lot of *.ru domains
Thanks for the help!

How are you just casually updating your SYNC OS in Ukraine, this blows my mind but i guess life has to continue…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.