What is your SYNC Region?
EU
What was your Old SYNC Version?
3.0 20204
What is your current SYNC Version?
3.0 20204
Do you have Navigation?
Yes
Have you read the documentation at Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs ?
Yes
Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

---- Unable to read data from the transport connection.

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

PASTE LOG HERE

Please describe in detail your issue below

I have attemped to install the update, from 3.0 to 3.4, along with maps, and I am presented with the ‘Unable to read data from the transport connection.’ message. I press ok, then it goes back to the start and tells me the downloads have been skipped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Let’s say it’s not an app related issue, but related to the connection you are using, or Ford’s servers.

What you can try is to manually download the files, save those into the Syn3Updater folder, and then run the program again: it won’t download the files again if they are found, it will validate them and then create the USB.

Web browsers can handle unhealthy connections better.

2 Likes

Cheers man, appreciated!

I don’t suppose there’s an ‘idiot proof’ guide for that? I’m more than a little rusty using a PC, and don’t wanna brick my new car!

Thank you

F Hub - CyanLabs

1 Like

Thanks mate, final question honest! I can do the manual mode on a Mac, can’t I?

Yes you can, but be very careful of the file extension naming. Do not let the Mac automatically extract the .GZ files. Format the USB as exfat MBR.

Hey, guys, thank you for the great help so far!
I’ve managed to install the latest Sync 3.4 (without satellite navigation) however, it’s fired up all nice and lovely, looks brilliant, but my navigation now doesn’t work??
It was working perfectly before, does this mean I have to install the new maps along with the Sync update?

Thank you,
Mark.

If I understand correctly, you went from 3.0 with nav to 3.4 without nav, right?.
If so, that’s exactly why your nav does not work: you didn’t install maps.

You will need to install maps to the unit.

Yes, my own fault for not reading it through correctly!

I have downloaded all the files once again, including the navigation this time, and am praying it’ll fix itself tomorrow - really hoping I don’t have to downgrade and do it a third and fourth time!

If your unit is not MY20 (if you had 3.0, it’s not originally MY20), I would downgrade and then reformat again with maps. Autoiinstall MAP for EU will take forever…
But, that’s up to you.

Is it a relatively pain free experience to downgrade first?

Well… don’t take it the wrong way, but that’s up to you, and you are making things harder than they really are.

The truth is that to go from 3.0 to 3.4 you need to reformat. If you had selected maps from the get go, we would not be having this conversation.

So now, in order to get a faster process, you need to downgrade then upgrade again with maps…

Is it pain free? As long as you follow the tutorial, yes: it’s a single USB for both downgrading and then upgrading (reformat) to the desired version.

1 Like

No no, that’s fine, and I’m sorry if it seems like I’m worrying, or asking far too many questions,
I’d just rather be 100% certain before I get to the point of no return.

Sorry dude, cheers for the help :+1:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.