Unable to update from 3.319052 to latest 3.4

Okay I performed this last task of removing GN and then ran the 3.4.21265, NA, NO NAV (Maps). and I am still getting the MEM error.

Please, run the APIM interrogator against the unit and post the full log back.

1 Like

I will try and do this this evening.

Sync_WW1L3T01_1FT7W2BT3HEC73206.xml (9.8 KB)

I was finally able to run the APIM interrogator and loaded the file.

It still has not worked. I have also uploaded the latest interrogator file. Let me know if there is another step I can take. it looks like I still only have 2.4G available.

This is the 4th consecutive message you have sent. In the future, do not do this again.

If we do not respond itā€™s because we do not have anything to say yet. We have a life, we do this for free and we may be doing something else.

Trust me: spamming for attention wonā€™t work, quite the opposite in fact.

I apologize for my consistency. I am getting ready to deploy back to Iraq and was trying to get this done before I have to leave. My intention was not to irritate anyone.

The log shows 2.4GB free out of 3.0GB. This is good.
You have Sync 3.3.19052 installed with the NA voice package. This is ok.
As indicated above:
Use the Syn3 Updater to make a Sync 3.4 install usb.
In the setup tab, set up the updater to present version: 3.3.19052, NA, NO NAV. Apply settings.
In the home tab, select 3.4.21265, NA, NO NAV (Maps). Do NOT include Gracenotes.
Select 'Start" and let the app make the usb, etc.

If this is not working, please post the Syn3 Updater log file from the USB.

I just want to say thank you this worked, and it updated to 3.4.21265. What is it exactly that the Gracenoteā€™s provides do I need to try and load that file next?

1 Like

Run the APIM Interrogator Utility and see how much free space is left. Since the Gracenotes file is about 591 MB, you would need about 1.5 times that for installation, about 886 MB of space. But you must also maintain about 1.2 GB of free space on the unit for updates, etc. You probably will not be able to install GN on a NON-NAV unit with Sync 3.4 installed.

Great, thanks for updating the thread with the resutls.

Gracenotes is just basically artwork for the media player.
If you reproduce some audio file that does not contain any artwork in its metadata, gracenote could provide some image for you to seeā€¦
Not really important as you can see, but is a nice thing to have, no more than that.

Good luck with your deployment.

1 Like

I just loaded the GN file and then reran the interrogator this is what it says now:

<d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/" total="465M" available="3.2M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/Nuance/grace" total="775M" available="5.8M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/" total="1.2G" available="833M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/quip/" total="35M" available="35M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/rwdata/quip/" total="90M" available="90M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/mp/" total="1.4G" available="132M"/>
  <d2p1:PartitionHealth type="/fs/images/" total="3.0G" available="1.7G"/>
  <d2p1:InstallationLog/>

You should be fine. Thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.