Understanding ACM

I’m trying to understand my issue. My sound settings will not save and I read a forum post about it possibly having to do with the ACM. From what i understand The ACM is the cd player/reciever, am I wrong? I do not have the ACM from the donor vehicle and therefore i am Not sure what to do to fix this. Also the zoom function on my backup camera isn’t working.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Non Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 2

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

The sound settings save in the APIM.
The ACM is the CD/AM/FM/XM receiver and if you don’t have the Sony/B&O/Revel or THX sound systems it also drives your speakers.
If you have any of the above sound systems, the DSP drives the speakers.

You show this as a retrofit,
How long have you had it?
Who did the custom programming?
What is you vehicle and model year?
What was the vehicle and model year of the donor?
What method did you use to get on 3.4.23188 ?
Have you performed a master reset?

Part of what you describe sounds like an rw data partition problem, it can also be caused by a misconfig of the APIM.

Thanks for the response. I do Have the Sony system in my truck.
I just swapped out from sync 2 to sync 3 about 1-2 weeks ago
I did The manual programming method (I have Mac) following Naviupgrades instructions
My truck is a 2015 f150 lariat.
The donor was a 2017 f150 lariat.
After the update i did Do the master reset

Another issue i didn’t mention is that when turning up the volume there is no indication on the screen of volume level.

Sounds like you have the APIM config just a bit out of whack.
Can you post your AB so folks can get a look at it and hopefully help you resolve your issues.

What’s the AB? Sorry for my ignorance. I’m a knuckle dragger and tech is not my realm.

AB stands for As Built. Its the configuration settings in a module.

You likely have to set the asbuilt settings for the Sony DSP, otherwise the APIM does not know it is there to send the CAN requests for volume, etc. Run the Interrogator Utility and post your APIM asbuilt. Also the ACM asbuilt would be good.

If you need help with how to do this there are links in the Information section of this site for FORScan tutorials, which you should read before making any changes with FORScan.

So i need FORscan for this then. Crap. Ill have to borrow a windows based laptop from some one and get what i need. I dont have any access to forscan. Thank you guys for helping me with this. Ill come back around when i have that stuff