Update to 3.4 from 3.0 if Carplay isn't working?

Hello,

I am just wading into this site and haven’t seen anything to match my specific issue or question. After it taking multiple days driving around with the USB drive in my 2016 Ford Edge has finally updated from Sync3 1.0.15139 to the Ford Download of Sync 3 3.0.20204. I have also installed the new USB Hub from Ford Part HC3Z-19A387-F. According to the dealer’s part department, that is what I needed. So I have the hub installed and I an updated to version 3 but Apple Car Play doesn’t work. Additionally, I will occasionally get a message that pops up saying somethin about USB hubs not being supported and to remove it. I have seen bits and pieces after the fact that I should have updated to 2.2, then to 3.x.

So my question is, I have version 3, should I just update to 3.4 and will that solve my USB hub issue and my car play issue? Or should I drop it back to 2.2, then back up to 3.0 and then to 3.4? I appreciate any help!

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 1.0.151139

New SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
USB Hub Not supported. Please remove

Update Method: Official Ford

You cannot update to sync 3.4 anyway through the Ford site as their last update was 3.0.20204 for your model.
Someone else here recently was in a similar situation to you involving new hub issues and just updated to the latest sync version 3.4.23188 through Cyanlabs and it solved Carplay issues. Just remember to do a master reset after the upload to the car.
Please keep us updated if you do this or let us know if you want more info. :slightly_smiling_face:

Does Android Auto work?.

This is not good. Check this thread for part numbers references → Media Hub, CarPlay Compatible - 2015-2020 Ford/Lincoln - SYNC 3

There are a few threads with that, yes. But that would not explain the messages about the HUB. Also, others say that upgrading to 3.4 would solve the issue with CP not working.

Not the hub, no. About CP, we had some reports that would solve it.

You can’t go back to 3.0 once you upgrade to 3.4, so you can try that approach before leaving 3.0 for good.

It all comes down to what you want to achieve, really…

So installed 3.4 this morning and everything updated super smoothly and much quicker than my version 1 to version 3 upgrade using the ford website.

Carplay is working great, USB hub is not displaying any issue. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, I am so relieved things are finally working after days of issues with the Ford website!

And I did not know that once I went to 3.4 I could not downgrade. I thought there were some instructions to Create a downgrade usb. Is that for everything but 3.4? Ultimately not a huge deal for me as everything is working as intended, but good to know for the future!

You can’t go past 3.3 with Syn3Updater, 3.2 manually.
But not 3.0…

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.