Updated Sync 3 1.0 to 3.0 - Now Issues

Guys would appreciate any help, I just updated via USB from the Ford site my wifes 16 Flex Sync 3 from 1.0 to 3.0. It said completed and I even changed the USB hub in the console but Apple Car Play still doesn’t work and now blue tooth doesn’t work at all. Any advice?

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Pre MY20

Install Type: OEM

Old SYNC Version: 1.0

New SYNC Version: 3.0

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: Official Ford

Perform a master reset on the unit.
While you are on it, remove the old Sync connection from your phone, and then try again.

I’ve tried that with still no luck unfortunately.

define “bluetooth doesn’t work”

Is it not finding devices? not connecting? not turning on? …

So you make the phone forget about sync3 and still does not connect?
Does it see it?.

On top of what’s been asked before, do this:

  • post the contents of the autoinstall.lst file that’s on the USB you used for upgrading
  • take a screenshot of both the USB’s root and SyncMyRide’s contents.
  • using syn3updater, create an interrogator log and run it against the unit. It will create an XML file with information on what’s intalled on the unit. Redact your vin from the file’s title and content if you care about it, then post it here

Not finding any devices and the voice function button on the steering wheel no longer works. I did the update originally and replaced the USB hub in the console so we could have car play.

You should have updated to Sync 3 Version 2.2 first. This will remove the old disk overlay. Ford messed this up a while ago. Post the files above so we can figure out the best path to possibly fix the unit.

1 Like

I vote just update with CyanLabs to 3.4 :wink:

I’m closing this thread due to inactivity, since we didn’t hear back from you in a week, so I’m assuming no farther assistance is needed.