Updated to 3.4, Build 13188 and I have more over WiFi updates

EDIT: I can’t edit the subject. Build version is 23188

I am new to owing an explorer, I’ve had the vehicle for about a month.

From the Ford website, I downloaded the update for my 2020 Explorer Platinum with tech package from Sync 3.4, Build 21194 to Sync 3.4, Build 23188. That update went without any problems. I uploaded the complete update log to ford.com and it now shows I have the latest version.

However, since I have the car connected to wifi, the car has not attempted to download two additional packages but they never complete the download, despite having my car next to the window to my office which was my wifi router. So the signal is strong.

The packages are:

• 4U5T-14G422-CAM_1682463335000.TAR.GZ
  • 4U5T-14G421-CAF_1682461100000.TAR.GZ

Any idea what these packages contain or why they keep failing to download? I had the car running for about two hours yesterday and these packages wouldn’t download more than 70% then it would quit downloading.

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: 2020

Install Type: Factory

Old SYNC Version: 3.4.21194

New SYNC Version: 3.4.23188

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
No error messages at this time. Just fails to download each of those packages.

Update Method: Official Ford

Fords OTA updates are notoriously bad, I’d just update manually

I would love to, but Ford.com doesnt give the option to download those packages. I cross-referenced these over-the-air packages to the packages on the USB and they are not there. FORD doesnt let me downloand them manually.

it’s a partial map update so it would be part of a map update

1 Like

You are correct. My maps version is 2 23 (i am guessing the last number I cant remember. But yes, it was a map update)

Sure the map version is 2.23?
That version should not be available until early 2024. Current version is 2.22.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.