Updated to 8inch screen using my apim

Yup, Thats what I thought. They came out a couple years ago and said they were blocking people that used 3rd party apps and other items that use Fordpass.

One of the issues I saw was those using an earlier version of the FP Home Assistant integration before they put in a sensible update interval. The other weirdly enough was Ford having a fit about emails with either a period or dash or something in it? I’d have to go back and dig around for comments on that.

I will say that I have the HA integration running on my main account with no issues. I’ve also been working on a separate personal project using their code that’s been regularly polling their API every 15 minutes for a while now (I think I’m up to something like 13k JSON files retrieved. Need to get around to processing those.) but on a secondary account. Both have been fine. YMMV of course. Obviously it’s still not a sanctioned/approved path. But it seems like at least if you do a secondary account/driver if it gets banned it doesn’t affect your primary (that I’ve seen reported from others. Not experienced personally.)

With what I want to do with their data, I kinda have to use the third party access route. Ford has a ton of info stored about these vehicles, more than what they show in the official app. ESPECIALLY the older PHEVs like the Fusion/C-Max Energi and the Focus Electric since they gave up on a lot of the EV related functions there.