Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Keep in mind that the 7D0-09-xx settings do NOT add features to your vehicle, but only allow you to control the existing features IF the firmware of those modules will support the control. The 7D0-09-xx settings are designed for newer vehicles which utilize the latest software and firmware from the factory for 2019+ vehicles. Some of the controls will work on previous models, but there will be limitations.

That said, you do not need to upgrade to -E* files to do what you want to do. The following files would work.
3.2/3.3 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2018.5, J-Early K Series)
GB5T-14G376-AA
1U5T-14G374-DA
1U5T-14G375-DA (1U5T-14G375-CA NON-NAV) (-FA EU NAV)
GB5T-14G379-AA
JB5T-14G379-BA

It is more likely you would be successful upgrading to these. But still, there is no guarantee that these files will load and function properly.

Thanks for your reply Chief. I am aware that 7D0-09-xx will not add new features, but it will provide on the sync screen direct enabling/disabling mode of the dark mode feature, and for a camping van that feature is a must.

Since I have NAV with EU maps i believe the file 1U5T-14G375-DA should be 1U5T-14G375-HA, as I have a 64GB sync, what do you think?

XXXX-14G375-H*.vbf 64GB EU with NAV (Telenav)

If this is what you have, then yes.

My next question now is where can someone download the .VBF files? My understanding is that in the past the calibration files could be downloaded from this link UCDS Calibration File Download which is now no longer avaialable. Trying to find the calibration files seems now a treasure hunt. Do you have Chief a different source where the calibration files can be downloaded?

Thanks again Chief for your help.

Can you share your version of forscan

FORScan Software Version 2.4.x Releases and Information - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

Any chance you can point me in the direction of the correct files for me?

Early 2018 model probably built in late 2017 currently on sync 3.4, APIM has one USB. I can program with Forscan fine, but it always comes back to the same firmware update screen. I manually used 74 and 75 files from above and those seem to brick it. I reload to factory and it un-bricks it.

Thanks!

You can safely go to:
3.0 APIM NAV & NON-NAV Unit Firmware (Production Release, 2017-Pre-2018.5, H-Early J Series)
(Originally Found On 2017/Early 2018 Units That Ship with 2 USB Ports on Back)
GB5T-14G376-AA
HB5T-14G374-CA
HB5T-14G375-DA or HB5T-14G375-FA (HB5T-14G375-CA NON-NAV)
GB5T-14G379-AA
HB5T-14G379-BA

Thanks, I will give those a shot this evening. I was using the 15UT ones.

Edit: The above files worked for me. They didn’t initially due to only loading the cal and strategy. After selecting all four, and updating, everything updated as it should. Calm screen now stays so I guess I’m on MY18.5. Thanks again

F150boss greetings from Colombia, I was calibrating the APIM module of my ford fistes titanium model 2016 without navigation but it was not possible the screen stayed black and I have problems finding a place to download the original calibration files.

I am using an OBDLINK EX adapter
I used FORscan 2.4.6 to update the firmware in APIM.

THIS IS THE VERSION I HAD PREVIOUSLY

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP, HOW CAN YOU GUIDE ME TO CALIBRATE ELAPIM WITH THE ORIGINAL FACTORY FILES

1 Like

THIS WAS THE RESULT OF THE CALIBRATION OF THE APIM MODULE

1 Like

GB5T-14G374-AF.VBF
GB5T-14G375-BB.VBF
GB5T-14G379-AA.VBF
GB5T-14G379-BA.VBF

1 Like

Oh man. I need to try this! I have a 14 foST that I upgraded to sync3, and the screen has been fli keyring for the last year. It drives me insane. I even replaced the lcd to see if that would fix it.

2 Likes

Just wanted to chime in here with @bookemdano 's previous post a couple months back:

Receently picked up an early build H model APIM (Jan '17 build date, both USB ports populated) and was successful in getting it updated to the -DA level calibration. With the illumination gateway set to C1MCA for my C-Max (and likely the same for other Focus based vehicles) the Auto dim toggle is persistent and functional on the latest 22110 build of Sync. Enabled, works the same as we’re used to with the flickering and all. Turned off, brightness stays unchanged short of the Day/Night mode switching stuff.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
Dear F150, I need your precious help again.
I need the following files in order to take advantage of the custom apps
1U5T-14G374-EL
1U5T-14G375-HA
GB5T-14G379-AA “Question: I can also use HB5T-14G379-BA instead”.
5U5T-G379-BC.
Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

In caricamento: 1cbd1295-50bb-4293-bfc9-aeaaae3b5588.jpg…
This is my current situation.
Thank you

You should be able to…

The pic did not upload.

1 Like

Please note,

The original post of this thread has been modified and updated to include documentation links and other updates. Please read the original post if you have not done so.

@F150chief

Hello and thank you very much, for your availability.
I try to reload the

photo, and I will immediately read the original post.
Thanks F 150

Anybody saw this before? I had no part number and Calibration level so i cant updating my APIM Calibration Files. Sync Software is the newest. I also havent a “APIM Module firmware update Window” in newest Forscan beta.

Also as Picture the backsite of my APIM. I bought a Mustang 2015 US with Sync 2 and upgrade it with a “China” Sync 3 APIM. Dont know i which vehicle this new APIM was before… Any solutions?

1 Like