Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

Ja ich meinte schon die 2.4.xx,
ja ok warten wir mal ab
Danke Trozdem

For those that have H series APIMS. You can upgrade to either 3.3 or 3.4. Know what you are doing. I am not responsible if you brick your unit. Listed below is North America with NAV.
APIM Firmware

Anyone have any update on the status of the FORScan beta update? I see Itā€™s recommend to use the OBDLink EX but would my Ford VCMII work properly?

1 Like

Well, thereā€™s a new release, see below.

I donā€™t know if the Ford VCMII will work properly, but maybe read this tutorial.
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan-software-enable-disable-features-your-truck-348987/

Thank you for the update! Ill give that a read thank you.

You have great timing, Forscan 2.4.1 is available as of today Download FORScan

A few caveats, it requires a specific adapter (including OBDLink EX) and a paid for extended license (Ā£4 a year)

I noticed that Microsoft Edge will block the download. This has come up before, just tell it to keep the file anyways.

1 Like

Do you know if my Ford VCMII would work, or anywhere that would tell me? I work for ford and I use this adaptor every day for anything that requires a scantool IDS or FDRS I would assume is has all the necessary software and hardware to work. I use it with FORScan all the time. Not sure if the OBDLink ex has anything extra specifically for these purposes of programming the calibration files for the apim.

Thank you!

1 Like

I do not see the VCMII listed on the release. However, the OBDLink EX is not expensive and was developed in cooperation with FORScan. I know it works well.

You could email the development team at FORScan : [email protected]

Support page: Contact Us

From the notes:
Note: if you donā€™t have a J2534, ELS27, OBDLink EX, OBDLink MX+ adapter then firmware writing capability wonā€™t be available for your adapter.

Canā€™t you use your ford IDS tools at work to update the calibration?

Fords system only lets us update APIMs to the what the factory calibration is. And sadly theres no workaround because to update Apims through ford you have to use their online webpage that pulls the VIN from the vehicle to populate the correct calibration. In my case it would be 3.3 I believe ( may be wrong but definitly not 3.4). so I used the CYANlabs program to get 3.4 and the instructions page said if I wanted the extra features like the calm screen and radio logos I would need to update the calibration files using forscan.

I see! Thatā€™s really useful insight into the ford systems, thank you.

I believe the vcm adapter used to work, but forscan may have locked it to certain adapters with this update. As its only been out a few hours no one has tried it yet.

I just noticed thisā€¦(tried looking for a facepalm emoji but couldnā€™t find one) my adaptor says checking j2534 ford vcmII when I connect to my vehicle. and F150chief posted the notes. so i guess it will work fine? Iā€™m gonna try it and see what happens. if it gets bricked it was my own cheapness lol.

1 Like

Thank you Louage and F150chief for the help!

2 Likes

If the adapter will communicate and set up properly, you should be fine as far as the adapter is concerned. I didnā€™t know the VCMII was J2534. Thatā€™s Great.

Is my understanding right that with forscan 2.4.1 there are no issues now to update radio logos?

Is There any way to get gracenotes back .mine doesnā€™t appear , also the cars spec is middle eastern with a middle eastern apim , any help would be greatly appreciated also do I need Forescan to do this fix ?

Please do not post the same thing numerous times, this will be answered in the topic you created.

Can anybody comment if the apim firmware update helps with screen flicker issues?

Not that Iā€™ve seen, no.